Why did you choose your avatar?

by FMZ 60 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

I have seen many threads about avatars, here is another one:

I have had this avatar for some time on another board. I was going to put a picture of myself in there, but decided against it, as I realized this picture has some symbolism to me. The picture is actually from the Evil Dead series, in which a group of people is possessed by demons while stuck in an old cabin, and turned into zombies. To me, the picture represents what I was in the b0rg. To the outside I was a very ugly, undesirable person, capable of harming people (me in a religious sense, the zombie in a physical sense). People would avoid me, almost as if they feared me. There was no hiding who I was. But inside... I was still a good person... what I would have been if I wasn't zombified by the organization, trapped inside this tiny cabin of a religion.

Many have complained about my avatar already, it even scares some. Hopefully after people read this they will think of how ugly they were whilst in the organization whenever they see my avatar.

Anyway... why did you choose your avatar? (If it is a pic of you, why did you pick that pic (pun intended))

Futher Mucking Zombie

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

No big symbolism on my part, I was just avatar-less for months and thought this picture of my daughter and I was a decent shot--and frankly the only shot of myself I had loaded on this machine--so I used it.

I keep meaning to get a better shot uploaded and keep forgetting...thanks for the reminder.

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

'Cause it looks kinda like me! :) (Minus the sparkles shooting from the midsection... hmmm). I have red hair and am youngish (20). And it's cute and isn't an exact likeness, so I can preserve some semblance of anonymity.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

My avatar looks like me when I let my hair grow out and lose 70 lbs. Also, I LOVE ravens. My spirituality is earth based.........paganish..................

Terri

• Badger
    Badger

My nickname, the badger. It was a killer shot of a great creature that reminds me of myself...

Small, irritating, tenacious and cute.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

When I came here almost 2 years ago I was looking for my niece and was hoping she might be coming to this site and recognize me. Now I found her....and all is well.

• desib77
    desib77

Just because I've always liked Bambi and thought Thumper was cute..... My husband thinks it is because I used to be a "Watchtower Thumper"..........

Desi

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have had a habit in the past of never keeping my avatar up long... I've actually had some up fairly long here.. some of them have been me.. and some have not.. I seem to be getting bolder because the fade isn't working any way

• reganashe
    reganashe

ummmm because I like big Boobies and tattoo's

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I've changed mine a few times but people actually voted for this one lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit