"my Father is greater than I" and the Trinity

by hooberus 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus

Herk, I would like to make a few comments about your illustrations.

1. On threads that I start I try to keep a specific subject in mind. Even most of my Trinity threads focus on specific verses or subjects (for example this one). If you have an illustration that you feel accurately represents Trinitarian views on the specific subject of the thread, then feel free to post it (even though this is primarily a written discussion forum).

2. Please do not post illustrations unrelated to the specific subject of the thread (For example Trinty illustrations unrelated to to the subject of this thread- John 14:28). If however I start a general Trinity thread then feel free to post illustartions that you feel accurately reperesent Trinitarian teaching (even though this is primarily a written discussion forum). However, I feel that you should stick primarily to written discussions, rather than to illustrations.

3. Threads which are primarily insulting in nature, (such as one which depict Trinitarians as being deliberately dishonest) are possibly a vioation of posting guidelines and generally do not add to constructive dialogue.

4. Please carefully examine you illustrations before posting them to make sure that they accurately represent Trinitarian beliefs. Threads which misrepresent the beliefs of others are more of a reflection of the ignorance of their users, than they are a valid criticism of the beliefs of others.

5. If you do not wish to follow the above points, then please do not post illustrations my threads. You may however start your own threads, and do what you wish within posting guidelines.

• herk
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

The majority of Jews never did believe in Jesus as the Christ or the Son of God either, did they?

• herk
    herk

UnDisfellowshipped,

The majority of Jews never did believe in Jesus as the Christ or the Son of God either, did they?

What an admission this is that you share the Trinitarian sentiment that Jesus was wrong about the Jews, and yet you claim he was God! herk

• hooberus
    hooberus

herk, I do expect that on future threads of mine that you will be courteous, and will abide by my above points which are in agreement with posting guidelines.

• archangel01
    archangel01

1x1x1= 1

One True God, revealed in Three persons.

The Father is that One True God, Jesus is called that One True God, The Holy Spirit is called that One True God. So In effect then The Three are the One True Eternal God of the Bible.

That's what the Bible said and thats how God wants to do it so, so be it, that's what I believe. The Late Dr. Walter Martin has some good stuff on the Trinity.

We are never going to understand God with are little human brains, But what God has shown us just take his word for it.

• herk
    herk

Hooberus,

2. Please do not post illustrations unrelated to the specific subject of the thread

Why are you intolerant only of asides coming from me? Others above have digressed from your specific subject at least as much as I have. Apparently it's okay coming from those who agree with your Trinitarian suppositions, but it's not okay coming from those who are convinced that the Trinity doctrine is completely unscriptural.

When you raise a challenge in this forum, be prepared to hear from persons who accept the challenge. If you can't take the heat, you don't belong in the kitchen.

herk

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Yeru,

If I am not mistaken Mormons are considered Modelist. I'll check, and get back to you. JWs are denifitely Arian. In one of the old books they listed Arius on par with Russell.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Why are you intolerant only of asides coming from me? Others above have digressed from your specific subject at least as much as I have. Apparently it's okay coming from those who agree with your Trinitarian suppositions, but it's not okay coming from those who are convinced that the Trinity doctrine is completely unscriptural.

Yes others have also digressed here, in fact this thread has gone on to other Trinity issues. My points were primarily for future posts of mine.

If you think that the Trinity doctrine is unscriptural then present your side from the scriptures rather than from illustrations which many times use insults, and misrepresentation of others beliefs.

When you raise a challenge in this forum, be prepared to hear from persons who accept the challenge. If you can't take the heat, you don't belong in the kitchen.

And if you can't make your case without violating posting guidelines, you don't belong on the forum.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Undisfellowshipped said:

Actually, Hooberus, from what I have read in the Bible, Jesus has and always will be "in subjection" to The Father, because even now in His Glorified Exalted Risen place above the Heavens at the right hand of The Father, He is still in subjection to The Father (The Father is the God of Christ and the Head of Christ).

I plan on starting a thread on 1 Corinthians 15:28.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit