"my Father is greater than I" and the Trinity

by hooberus 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• herk
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Herk has started with the cartoons again folks!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Herk, I challenge you to go to this new Thread I just started, and refute any point using only the Scriptures IN CONTEXT: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/69282/1.ashx

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Trinitarian Interpretation of John 1:1: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God [The Father], and the Word was God [The Son]." The reason for that is because of 1st John 1:1-2, which reads:

T hat which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life--the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us

But, below is how some others interpret John 1:1:

Oneness Pentecostal Interpretation of John 1:1: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God [The Father], and the Word was God [The Father]." (Oneness Pentecostals believe that The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit are all One Person, who reveals Himself in three different ways)

Jehovah's Witnesses (and several other Non-Trinitarians) Interpretation of John 1:1: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God [The Almighty; The Father], and the Word was a god [an inferior, lesser separate being; not Almighty God]."

The Greek word used for "God" in John 1:1 is the same both times the word "God" appears -- "Theos", but yet, as shown above, some religions try to claim that Jesus is an inferior lesser "god" than The Father.

• herk
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

John 13:16: Truly, truly, I say to you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Herk, in what way is a "lord" greater than his "servant"? In nature? No, because both a "lord" and his "servant" would be human in nature. A "lord" is greater than his "servant" in POSITION or AUTHORITY. The same way with The Father and The Son.

1st Corinthians 11:3: But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

Man is the "head" of woman in POSITION, but they are both human in NATURE aren't they? Husband and wife even become "one flesh" in unity, even though they are two distinct persons. The same way with The Father and The Son.

John 14:28: [...] my Father is greater than I

Jesus said that while on earth in the "form of a slave".

Hebrews 2:9: But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Philippians 2:5-11: Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Matthew 28:18: And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All power is given to Me in heaven and in earth."

I have two very important questions for you Herk -- if you can give any answer at all, I will be surprised:

1: Did YHWH God create Heaven and Earth ALL ALONE BY HIMSELF? (Isaiah 44:24)
    2: Did YHWH God create Heaven and Earth WITH The Word (Logos)? (John 1:1-3)

• herk
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Herk said:

He would not have said "I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper." If he shared equality with God following his ascension, there would be no need to request anything from another member of the so-called "triune God." If any member of the Trinity was to be asked, and if the Holy Spirit was the "Third Person of the Trinity," and if all members shared equality, the Spirit should have been the one asked, not the Father. (Verse 16)

I will let Jesus explain it in John Chapter 16:

John 16: 7-15: Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.' Herk, who do YOU say that the Holy Spirit IS?

• herk
  • herk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit