WT & Awake Subscription Procedure

by Gopher 47 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

BugEyesWife

(but what about the trees)
    Those trees where going to die anyway. I planted a replacement.

Skimmer

if I just sent a check for $20 to the WTBTS along with a request for a WT subscription? Would they send one, and then separately send a thank you note for the "donation" without acknowledging the subscription?

Back when I was a “loyal dub” I sent in some money for an item. I got a letter back to the effect of “the item is out of stock what do you want us to do with the money.” That was when you payed for the literature. Now it should depend on how the letter is worded as to wether they send a letter back asking if they should return the money or just keep it anyway.

philo

I really need a WT CD-ROM. MY 1995 Version doesn't work anymore. If anyone can help me get one, my gratitude would come in cash form!

Send me an e-mail. I would be more than happy to help out. Is a copy ok or do you want an original. (original will take longer to get)

Skimmer

I’d be happy to help out. Postage may be a bit much from here though. (and slow)I’ve thought of scanning them and e-mailing them but the file sizes would be too big. And to OCR them is too much work. I’m starting to build up a subscription list lol

I also object to paying money to the “society”. 20 years of my life was enough

waiting

Good Idea

Amendment to my earlier post. The literature is not “free” it is “without charge”. Slight “weasel word” difference. If it is without charge they can discern who they give it to with out being accused of discrimination.

• hippikon
    hippikon

For those interested I have posted the June 17 Watchtower Study under the topic "Study Articles" If it is of use to anyone I will continue to do it.

"But it does move"
    Galileo

• wasasister
    wasasister

Recently, I saw an article in my daughter's June or July KM about a "Simplified Subscription Arrangement." I had borrowed her car to run an errand and the KM was in the front seat, so I had a chance to glance at it. From what little I remember, the "new arrangement" had to do with all subscriptions going through the KH and no renewal slips would be placed in the magazines. When a subscription is expiring, the local congregation will be notified so the householder can be contacted.

I noticed the same thing with the magazine wrapper: "only one issue remaining", and hoped to find a way to renew without having the dreaded call. I really think they are trying to keep the magazines out of the hands of apostates. I wonder what they are afraid of?

• TMS
    TMS

Two years ago we moved to a new area and sent in our change-of-address to the WTBS. About two months later Witnesses showed up at our door, inquiring about our desire to renew our subscription. Our son answered the door and said he didn't know anything about it.

The magazines stopped coming.

So the last two years I have rented a Post Office Box, sent a letter to the WT, expressing appreciation for the mags and enclosing a small donation. I always say: "Hope this is enough!" Ficticious name, of course!

TMS

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Hello wasasister:

Hah! Whenever I hear the phrase "simplified arrangement" coming from the WTBTS it can only mean more cash for them and less for the unfortunate rank and file.

Mostly the WTBTS is afraid of having to pay postage. But they are also a little afraid of opposers as well as they know that few outside of a Kingdom Hall would want to subscribe for the reasons of friendly (to the WTBTS) knowledge acquisition. So I'm sure that they have suspicion about subscription requests from unattached persons.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hippikon,

Thanks for posting the article. I replied to it, I hope others enjoy the (ahem) "spiritual food" presented.

Wasasister, you know they've got something up their sleeve! This is a control tactic, obviously. Now folks like TMS are facing the loss of their subscription. Theocratic warfare, I guess. Try to "starve" the enemy, LOL.

GopherIt is not best that we all should think alike, it is differences of opinion that make horse races.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

Hippikon

BEW .. Those trees where going to die anyway. I planted a replacement.

Thats ok then. Not that you have to answer to me anyway BEW

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

congratulations agains for this nice post.I can only confirm Kent , Gianlucaand was a sister comments about the procedure, in
    this part of Europe...money it is always involved...sorry I should
    have writte:" ...a free contribution ..."
    Btw individual publisher can ask - and they do receive - copies
    od magazines in any language they wish...naturally always through the
    congregation.

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit