WT & Awake Subscription Procedure

by Gopher 47 Replies latest jw friends

• jwsons
    jwsons

Do you want to have a subscription ? Easy ! Just go to the street, stop one WT dub, ask him for subscription, give him a Post Office Box saying that you have shift work, or your apartment hard to receive mails (lost, easy to confuse and lost to another house nearby etc...), so you have to rent a post Office box to receive all your mails, otherwise you always lost mails. That's it. They're now lost many money for decreasing numbers of JW's dubs, they happy to give you a subscription (don't forget to pay full. This reqirement important for them !!!!MONEY, MONEY, MONEY...Sound likes ABBA's song ?).
    Cheers
    jwsons

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hi hippikon

You asked me "That’s bad Did they give you a reason or where they "Not speaking to you".
    Did you jump, were you pushed or did you run?"
    The reason they acted like that is probably because since i've faded away they only managed to speak with me
    only ONCE ( they popped up uninvited early one Saturday morning) to try to encourage me to get
    active again.
    As that meeting did not go too well, (they were starting to ask too many questions and i
    don't like it at all when morons poke their noses in my life) i sent them a letter
    stating that the next time they want to speak with me they would have ask for an
    appointment in writing.
    My letter said that they would have to inform me as to who will be present and what will
    be the topic discussed. I also told them that in the event one day they decide to accuse
    me of something, i will not attend any meeting without knowing in advance, by letter,
    what the charges against me are and what the names of my accusers are.
    Since i sent that letter i have never heard from them again. It seems that for the moment they are leaving me alone.
    I know though the rumour mill that they are waiting anxiously for me to make a false step so that they can kick me out.
    Sorry i can't say more about my situation, i don't want to give them any ammo to use against me.

Ciao
    Gianluca

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hi BugEyesWife

Why do i want to receive the latest WTS mags? well as Latte said above I too still have quite a few JW friends and family members that have not as yet shunned me for being inactive.
    I find it's best to use the society's own publications to show the nonsense they are fed every week.

But don't worry i don't read every single article, i only browse through and check out if there are some points i can use in my conversation with them.

Ciao
    Gianluca

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

Thanks to those who answered my questions.

Hippi - sounds good to me. (but what about the trees)

Closer, Latte, neyank, Gianluca, - Thanks. Valid points. I understand where your coming from.

BEW

• lookingnow22
    lookingnow22

Honestly, now that I am researching my doubts about the WTS, I read the W&A more regularly than when I was "strong" in the "truth". It wouldn't surprise me if this were true for many here. Very few, at least in my area, read the whole of the magazines on a regular basis. Out in service I would say "Wasn't it interesting in the latest WT....", the response would be, "I must have missed that, what did it say...". And as long as anyone is in good standing, keeping a W&A subscription is a good way to keep your family from shunning you, and they will always think that there is still "hope" for you.

Looking

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

A few years before the Swaggart tax case, I had a subscription to both magazines. I had them sent to my post office box; a few months into the subscriptions I got a letter from a JW, local to the post office but not to me, asking if he could make a call. I should have replied in the chance I could talk him out of the organization.

I let the subscriptions lapse after a year; most articles were just too boring. The Writing Department is only interesting when they are at their most strident and paranoid with their bashing of opposers.

I've thought about getting a WT subscription again, just to keep track of the WTBTS. I currently have a private mail drop in another town and I would have it sent there. Does anyone know what would happen if I just sent a check for $20 to the WTBTS along with a request for a WT subscription? Would they send one, and then separately send a thank you note for the "donation" without acknowledging the subscription?

• TR
    TR

Hi PerFect,

I have many relatives in Sweden, Maybe you know some of them. Email me if you are interested.

TR

"Kults Suk"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Gopher,

It does seem as though there is a lack of enthusiasm on the part of the Borg to supply any subscriptions.

The subscription procedure these days is called the Club Subscription arrangement whereby all subscription issues are forwarded to local congregations for distribution, usually by the pioneers. The Society saves on postage costs this way.

Of course, under the donation arrangement for literature and magazines, it would mean that when the publisher leaves the latest magazines in the subscriber's mailbox, the publisher is not able to ask for a donation 'to the World Wide Work'. Could this be the real reason that it's now difficult to obtain a subscription? Of course, householders obtaining individual copies of the magazines are given the opportunity to donate each time.

What d'ya think?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

• Celia
    Celia

Who can tell me what the "full amount" for a sub. to Awake! and
    The Watchtower is these days ? When I used to susbscribe, I gave
    the ladies 10 $. Wasn't it enough ? It was always so awkward, because they would not suggest any amount, even when I asked them.
    Thanks for your answer
    Celia

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

I think the PO Box idea is a good one, although I can't imagine every picking up another WT or Awake as long as I live.

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit