WT & Awake Subscription Procedure

by Gopher 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi all,

I moved into a new area several months ago, and my subscriptions to the Watchtower and Awake magazines expired. (Note: I'm baaad, not attending meetings in my new area.)

So it'd be easy to renew my subscription, right? I thought maybe I'd like to read the latest stuff they're saying, maybe even learn new stuff to post here, etc.

Here's the kicker: The "Renewal procedure" on the reverse side of the subscription blank says:

1. Subscriptions for The Watchtower should be submitted through a congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    2. If you need further information, you may write one of the addresses below. (WT Society Offices are listed next)

Having handled subscriptions in my former congregation, I know that the Society mails all copies of all renewal slips to the nearest congregation.

I thought that the literature was to be made "freely available" to all who wish to read it! For most magazines, you mail your renewal request to a central location. But not so, for the Watchtower and Awake.

This is their way of keeping tabs on all their subscribers! The local congregation (if they follow WT Society instructions) will visit all non-members who subscribe. (What a return visit or shepherding opportunity!!) I don't really feel like having a follow-up visit. [>:(]

So, no more subscriptions for me. The information is quite repetitive anyhow. I'll find other reading (including this board) to occupy my time.

Thanks for listening.

GopherIt is not best that we all should think alike, it is differences of opinion that make horse races.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Latte
    Latte

Gopher,

I have a similar problem also. The solution is, is to ask someone else to have a subscription for you! Not easy I guess, I am fortunate that my grandmother is still receiving the mags, so I shall get them from her.

Hope that you can convince someone to have a subscription!!

Latte

• Gopher
    Gopher

Latte,

Thanks for the idea! Maybe I can locate a nearby donor.

GopherIt is not best that we all should think alike, it is differences of opinion that make horse races.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hi Gopher,

I have my family members now and again give me copies of the new WT and AW. Six months after i stopped attending the elders canceled my congregation subscriptions and refused to renew my personal one.

I guess they don't want to give the WTS "pearls" to apostate "pigs"....

Anyway thanks to this board even if i stopped receiving the WTS publications altogether, i'm always months ahead in knowing all the WT news!

Ciao
    Gianluca

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Goph,
    Thinker and I ordered a sub through an active (not willingly ) that we know.
    Thinker asked me what I want him to do when they send two publishers to check up on the requested sub. I told him to just tell them he isn't interested (firmly).
    That may buy us a year!! But I know your circumstances are different. Thinker wants them for research!
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Gianluca,
    I just can't believe they did that!! Just when you thought you have heard it all!
    TW

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hi thinkers wife,

With the bunch of nutcase elders in my congregation anything goes..... It's over two years i hav'nt been to a meeting and even though they accuse me of being an apostate they have not been able to find two witnesses that are willing speak out against me!

It just shows what high esteem the local rank and file Jw's have of them....(officially there are 79 publishers and the meeting attendance is between 30 and 40!!! so as you see i'm in good company )

Ciao
    Gianluca

• hippikon
    hippikon

Gianluca

Six months after i stopped attending the elders canceled my congregation subscriptions and refused to renew my personal one.

That’s bad – Did they give you a reason or where they “Not speaking to you”. Did you jump, were you pushed or did you run.?

Anyway thanks to this board even if i stopped receiving the WTS publications altogether, i'm always months ahead in knowing all the WT news!
    So true – I know more about whats going on than most of the elders. Leo Greenlees was a classic case in point.

I’d be happy to e-mail scans of the latest mags (and KMs ) to anyone who asks

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

hippikon -

I emailed you at hotmail!

• Latte
    Latte

If they have "The trooth" they would/should be doing their utmost to ensure that everyone & anyone, gets that fine lifesaving information.

They have the TRUTH for goodness sake!

If LOVE motivated them,they would do as Jesus would of done......never give up on anyone. It's your LIFE thats at stake in their eyes.
    If you really believed that, you would be doing your utmost, no matter what, to convince the person to return...........would you not???

Latte IMHO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit