Job Termination!

by Sunnygal41 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandria
    Xandria

Sunny,

I worked 6 years with the S. School District, my father 21 plus years. What I could tell you about Supers and policies would not surprize you I bet. You have an employee handbook ? This is the time to whip it out.

http://www.mapnp.org/library/legal/emp_law/emp_law.htm This is another resource for you.

http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/qanda.html

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/discrimination

http://www.adversity.net/legalhelp.htm#xxprivate

Protect yourself! Super's are not above the law. The reason I say protect yourself, is because if they succeed in dismissing. Without you having a lawyer or some sort mediation. They can impact your future employment future. I would seriously demand a legal mediation and sort this out. Sounds like this woman is on a power trip and is allowing personal bias to come into this.

X.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Have you thought about threatening a law suit because this idiot has been allowed to bring a religious arguement into the work place?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Terri I am so sorry. This sucks, and that's the bottom line.

All I can say is that perhaps this is someone telling you, that your answer lies elsewhere.

Chris

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Talked to my cousin this morning.................he is a Union Officer for his job...............he gave me a site to check out..........NLRB.......National Labor Relations Board........I've got the number for the office in our area. I will be making calls. Xandria, I also bookmarked those sites you posted! Thanks! Bottom line, I won't hesitate to go into litigation with this case. I know some people say that's opening a can of worms.........well, maybe it needs to be opened........................

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Terri -

I think it is great that you are exploring so many avenues here. Although I understand about just wanting out right now, I also agree with other posters who have expressed how important it is to fight in order to keep your job history clean. You don't want this political situation to affect you possibly for the rest of your life! I still believe that one of the very best things you can do is to invite the press. Why have someone drop a hint to them? Pick up the phone and call them yourself! Trust me, if they have done pieces on this person in the past, they are going to want something else to expose as well. As I've never been a part of a union and don't exactly understand the ins and outs, I don't know if the press can ask questions at your hearing or not -- but if they can -- go so far as to prepare a list of suggested questions for them. They would appreciate it since it could help to ask the right questions to help you, while at the same time, getting them a juicy story.

I want to see you win this, even if you only end up staying long enough to find something else. This is easy for me to say because I am not you -- but don't let them take you down without a fight!!!

BTW -- I am up now, so if you want to call... I'm around....

:-)

growedup

• gumby
    gumby
    It seems like no matter what I try to do to get ahead, something always comes along and tries to knock me back down to the ground ..........I'm pretty depressed right now...............

Terri......Jehovah hates apostates and he hates you! He hates me too! Last year I got hit on a watercraft on the lake and ruined my back worse than it was.......then over a year later I hear I'm getting some dough in a week, then that week I get a hernia, and a filling falls out of a molar and I need a root canal and 2 crowns.(seriously) I get a break ( no insurance) and the shit hits the fan! Jehovah hates us!

Your a good lady and something will arise out of this for the good. My guess.

Gumby

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Okay........Gumby, now you're scaring me.....................but, yes, it was a "state of mind" that had been taught to me with the Borg, but, those words I wrote and you highlighted were a theme early on in my childhood, too. I saw my dad put my mom, literally, thru a wall. I was two years old. Do you think there were scars from that kind of violence shown to you by your own parents.......the people you should feel safest with.............that incident scarred me so deeply.........and the funny thing, for years.......til I was about 44 or 45 years old, I had forgotten that incident...................actually, the emotion part of it had. I saw it run in my head as a movie, but there was no emotional connection............But, I can rise above all of that now. What happened then was a long time ago. I've grown up and learned that even tho it may feel like your whole world is collapsing, you can still live through it and go on. Just riding the wave of "emotions" on this and I appreciate the company of my fellow surfers of life! (Did anyone here watch the movie "Finding Nemo". Yes, it's a kid movie, primarily, but, the lessons in life that we learn young, sometimes have to be gone back over in adulthood. They need to be looked at, scrutinized to see whether these teachings still state part of who we are and what we accept. To me, this is what that movie was for me, the adult. I also absolutely loved the "Turtle scene"..........those of you who did see it, let me know what you felt watching it...............

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit