Job Termination!

by Sunnygal41 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Well, the worst has happened..........the Superintendent has recommended termination to the BOE. Apparently she is concentrating on the statement I made about not having respect for her. I'm numb.................the meeting will take place Monday night..........that's where I guess I can go to plead my case.......? Part of me is hopping mad........part of me is just so discouraged.........it seems all I've worked for the past 5 years is being undermined and I feel like I used to when I was a kid, that no one cares a hoot about me as a person. Talk about flashing back! It seems like no matter what I try to do to get ahead, something always comes along and tries to knock me back down to the ground..........I'm pretty depressed right now...............

Terri

• Puternut
    Puternut

(((((((TERRI))))))))

I have been following some of your posts regarding your work. I am sorry to hear how things are for you.

Just know I feel bad for ya. Hope you get a chance to re group and sort through things. Something will come your way soon. You can do it.

Hugs from,

Puternut

• shotgun
    shotgun

((((terri))))

I'm so sorry...I thought this was over and done with the other week....

I can't see how they can dismiss you without two or three documented disciplinary actions against you already...

Keep your cool if possible!

• Scully
    Scully

Sorry to hear this.

On the bright side, now you won't have to work for someone you don't (or can't) respect as a supervisor. If you like your job enough to be able to tolerate working for (or with) this person, might you be able to appeal to someone higher up?

If I recall correctly, it was another exJW who ratted you out, wasn't it? How is he feeling about his part in all this? Have you confronted him? Or was this a way for him to eliminate you in any competition for advancement?

(((((Sunnygal)))))

Love, Scully

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Oh, Terri!

I am so sorry to hear this bad news! I hate that you are having to go through this! I can't help but think that it is a personal attack - because of your comment on the Superintendent. I absolutely HATE political decisions like these!

I got your pm - please check for a response from me.

(((((((Terri)))))))

growedup

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Well, that really sucks.

When we reach the point that we really don't respect your boss, it's probably time to go - even though it feels awful, and I am so sorry that you feel that way. I ahve someone in my life who is in a very similar boat.

If you present yourself well and don't make things seem personal with the Supe when you talk to the BoE, it will probably keep you in the best spot for the future, even if it doesn't reverse the immediate situation.

Even if they see your side of things, if they are invested in making this Super work for a while, they probably won't make the Supe work with someone that has that kind of issue already... but who knows. Best of luck and keep us all apprised.

• Sassy
    Sassy

ahhh.. Sunny.. I'm sorry.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

((((Sunny)))) I'm so sorry to hear of the latest events. I thought it was over after that meeting you had.

Please let us know how it goes.

love

cj

• bebu
    bebu

Sorry to hear all this, Sunny...

You will get thru this... you have certainly gotten thru worse, I believe. So, take a deep breath...

And here's a (((((((hug)))))) to help you.

bebu

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((Terri)))))))

I know how tough this is. I've struggled through similar workplaces in the past as well as the current one I'm in. You've been such an encouragement to me, so I hope I am to you. Yes, if you lose your job, you may struggle with the financial stuff that follows. BUT...knowing you are walking away with your integrity intact is a very satisfying feeling. I know someday, should my job come to that, I know I'll have walked away doing the best I could. No matter what they think, if my best is not enough for them, then I can find another job where it is appreciated. You're going to do fine! I promise!

Love to you,

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit