The Greatest Hockey Player Who Ever Lived

by talesin 58 Replies latest social physical

• JH
    JH

Larry Robinson was also a good defensive player and a tough guy too.

• roybatty
    roybatty

I miss the ol' days when Chicago had a professional hockey team. :(

• talesin
    talesin

"Hockey Art"

Here's one of my fav living CDN painters, his most famous painting

At The Crease, by Ken Danby

Nice work, huh?

Hey, Az, s'okay, the flu can do that to ya ...

tal

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'd have to pick the Great One for my all-time team. We need a great defense, and that starts with:

And a great goalie -

And can't forget -

And also -

And -

PS - I included two Colorado players to piss off Aztec!

But hey, Bourque and Roy were great.

• talesin
    talesin

Rocketman

Dream Team, I like it. That's Daryl Sitler holding the World Cup, right?

t

EDITED TO SAY: DOH DOH and no I'm not drinking (shoulda just erased it but I'm not proud)

• TonyT
    TonyT

Some great players have been mentioned but its still not even close.................Gretzgy.

• talesin
    talesin

TonyT

Yes, Gretzky seems to be the weiner oops, I mean winner so far in the poll ... heheh

Special K

What a great pic!!! I see he's got the Bruins gear, I would expect no less.

t

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

My Mother was on Tic Tac Dough.

The Final question that would have won it for her was:

"What sport does Wayne Gretzky play?"

"Baseball?"

"Oh Im sorry, ahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahaha. Its hahaha- hockey. Wayne Gretzky plays Hockey." -- Wink Martindale.

And yes, Gretzky was the greatest hockey player of all time. He is the Babe Ruth of hockey, the Joe Montana of hockey, the Michael Jordan of hockey. You all know it. Everyone knows it.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Rocketman, That is all I have to say to you at this moment....

Roybatty, I feel for ya. It's sad to see one of the original teams sucking so badly. At least their doing better than the poor Penguins. I feel so bad for Mario Lemieux. He doesn't deserve this. He put his heart and soul into that team.

Gretzky was awesome but I never saw him play without a helmet like Gordie and others did in the old days. Damn! What studs!

Rofl @ Firstinline's Mom. That's really awful...LOL!

~Aztec

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'd actually probably take Bobby Hull off my starting team and put Gordie Howe on instead.

One thing that kind of surprises me is that there seem to be few people who consider any of the players from the great Islanders teams of the early 80s to be among the all-time greats. And while they had some fine individual players (Bossy, Nystrom, Trottier, Billy Smith), I too tend to leave them off any list of all-time greats.

I also overlooked some great Canadiens players (though Patrick Roy did win a Cup as a Canadien in '86), but one could easily place Ken Dryden or Guy LeFluer or Larry Robinson on such a squad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit