• talesin
    talesin

Here's my vote. What's yours???

B O B B Y O R R Number 4

http://www3.telus.net/Orr/

t

• franklin J
    franklin J

growing up, Bobby Borne of the Islanders was my neighbor.

Of course we were good theocratic witnesses and never socialized with him or his very nice wife. I remember he was a very nice guy.

(think of all the Hockey games I could have went to!)

• Aztec
    Aztec

Gretsky

My two cents.

~az

• talesin
    talesin

az

that's what I'm lookin' for, different hockey heroes

Saw your thread, had to profess my love for *BOBBY*!

Gretzky was truly the "Great One", and have had many discussions re this as you can well imagine, but all in good fun!

franklyn

Yes, you missed out - live hockey is a blast.

Okay, I can think of a few others - anyone else?

tal

• Buster
    Buster

Numbah four, Bobby Orr was the best ever.

He had every skill. He changed the way the game was played. No one dominated a game like he did. Too bad he had the knees of a sparrow. I always thought his bad knees were due at least partially to the fact he played with 18-20 year-olds when he was 14. That had to be tough on that young cartillage.

I skated with him and some other Bruins at his hockey camp in Orillia when I was 12. It was right between the two Stanley Cup victories - pretty heady stuff for a kid from Boston. He was also a great guy and has a strong commitment to the community.

• talesin
    talesin

Buster

That is so cooooool, lucky you!

I always thought of his skating as "poetry in motion".

And yes, he does still have a commitment to community.

BTW, I have relatives in Lowell, spent time there as well. I went to the 'Circus Convention' in Lynn back in '72, spent a few months w/ my aunt.

Beantown is quite the spot. Too easy to get lost, though. *lol*

tal

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I have to agree with your comments regarding Bobby Orr.

For players over the past 20 years I would have to say Mario Lemieux, yes even over Gretsky.

Uzzah

• talesin
    talesin

Uzzah

Woo Hoo, another fan!

Some of my friends were having that discussion not too long ago, one of them a big Lemieux fan as well.

I just sat back and let them go at it Gretzky vs. Lemieux, knowing I was right all along with #4.

tal

• Simon
    Simon

Wayne Gretsky

I discovered in a sports store in Canada that if you see a load of memorobelia / merchandise for someone you have never heard of and say "Who the hell is Wayne Gretsky" ... it goes really quiet, like you've stood up in the vatican and shouted that the pope is gay.

• talesin
    talesin

Simon,

I know, it's sickening .

haha J/K

so, the votes are rolling slowly in; it's 3 - orr; 2 - gretzkey, 1 - lemieux

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY --- bobby's winning!

hmmmmm....... what I'm wondering is where are all the old fogies?

What, no Gordie Howe fans? Bobby Hull? Shocking!!!!!!!

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit