Manchester Aposta-Beerfest 2.....

by Gadget 119 Replies latest members meetups

• Simon
    Simon
    And if you are getting a taxi give me a call I might be able to make it so you only have to get one one way...

Oooh ... that sounds like the Sopranos, we're going to be dumped off wigan pier aren't we?!

Just checking on the location:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=OL11UT&quicksearch=OL1+1UT&cidr_client=none

... based on the CAMRA site:

MAR 19-20 (Friday-Saturday): 18TH OLDHAM BEER FESTIVAL, Queen Elizabeth Hall, West Street, Oldham. (Adjacent to the Civic Centre and Bus Station, 10 minutes walk from Railway Station). Open Friday noon-3pm & 5-11pm, Saturday noon-4pm & 6-11pm. Admission FREE at all times to current CAMRA members otherwise lunchtimes £1, Friday evening £3, Saturday evening £2.50. Over 60 Real Ales, traditional ciders & perries, foreign bottled beers & fruit wines. Entertainment evenings only. Food available all sessions. Further info from Mike Robinson 0161 911 4525.

• Gadget
    Gadget

This time next week we'll all be dying from the worst hangover ever....... And according to that map you posted Simon my hotel is only 1/2 a mile from the fest! I wonder if hotels still do late bars for residents........

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So are we going for a "Ruby Murray", on Sunday, then?

• Gadget
    Gadget

I think a curry might be a bit much for my stomac to deal with when I've got a hang over......... I'd prefer a chinise, but if I remember right theres allsorts at the trafford centre we can easily find something we like, good call Simon!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gadget:
    What the devil are you doing online?
    I thought you were going to the Edinburgh bike show?
    (though if the weather is anything like it is here...)

• reboot
    reboot

he's a Southerner to you is'nt he, Ross?............must be getting soft.......

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've heard he's pretty soft.
    I wonder what it would take to change that???

Maybe he just needs a "Ruby Murray", after a hard night out

• Gadget
    Gadget
    I've heard he's pretty soft.

I admit it, its true. But then I'm not the one driving hundreds of miles to go to a beer festival and then deciding not to drink because he needs to be mobile again by 3pm the next day..............

• Sirona
    Sirona

Trafford centre sounds OK to me....I can get there fairly easily and I LOVE the place...

Sirona

• KenUK
    KenUK

Hi Gadget,

Sorry I missed you Thursday - tried PM with phone number but not sure it worked. Anyway 4-1 was pretty good - just like the City today!

Up in the toon next Saturday whilst you're getting drunk down south in rainy Manchester...

Ken

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit