"it's not you, it's me ..."

by talesin 44 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

How many have heard this or used this as a break-up line?

is it a cop-out, or the truth?

Any funny stories to tell?

t

• Badger
    Badger

I just heard this one... "you're a nice guy, but..." This KILLS me. As if that softens the blow. fact is, most women dump you because you ARE a nice guy.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I used something similar once...

"It's not you, I just haven't really gotten over my last boyfriend yet, and I realize that now, and it wouldn't be fair to you if we continue to see each other. I just need some "me" time."

UTTER CRAP!

I just wasn't attracted to him, and didn't know how to tell him...

• talesin
    talesin

so true, Badger,

not only the nice guys, but the nice girls as well

What a lie, they probably don't know what to do with a "NICE GUY"

Might make them happy for a change LOL

t

• talesin
    talesin

hey, jo

Ain't it the truth? Sometimes it's just really hard to tell someone the truth ... you know they won't accept it ...

t

• Mac
    Mac

"Have I shown you this rash?" works well!

mac

• Puternut
    Puternut

Here are a few: " I feel the relationship isn't working, should we spend some time apart? And just be friends?"

" If you want to break up with me, I totally understand"

" I feel you aren't in love with me, do you want to break up? Because if you don't want, to I'll do if for you"

" Would you rather just be F*** buddies?"

Puternut

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Well there really is no nice way to break up, but considering the alternative I think you should give the person credit for being tactfully honest.

I've dated really nice men, heck what kind of a person would I be if I dated creeps? Sometimes the chemistry didn't connect and it's a kindness IMHO to let the person know as nicely as possible and what could be nicer than to take the blame yourself? Why make them feel worse then they will already will and why string them along (being week IMHO) only to let them down later. Life is too short, get on with what's real and valuable in your life which allows them to do the same.

Again consider it a favor they are doing for you.

hummm funny stories to tell...........ahhhh I don't kisss and tell. but there was this one guy...........

Kate

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LMAO @ mac:

"Have I shown you this rash?" works well!

mac

Yeah that one should work!

Kate

• Valis
    Valis

Kate...how did Craig take the bad news?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit