"it's not you, it's me ..."

by talesin 44 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin
    No matter how you try to ease up on the emotional hurt of the breakup, it's impossible to avoid.

Nosferatu, this is so true, it sums up the issue.

So the line doesn't really work, does it? That's my opinion.

Might as well be clear and honest (no, 'brutally' honest is not the way to go) instead of passive-agressive and mealy-mouthed, cause the person knows they are getting dumped.

At least if you are real, they can take comfort (eventually) from the fact that you respected them enough to be honest with them.

t

(Tashawaa: As for how? I'd say in person, although I have used e-mail and phone answering machine in the past and felt a read cad about the whole thing )

• Xena
    Xena

I don't know tal...people SAY they want honesty, but who really wants to hear all their flaws outlined for them by the person they love and are now losing....

And sometimes there isn't really anything wrong...it just isn't totally right...or you aren't ready for a commitment yet...there are so many variables.

Maybe I just like taking the easy route, lol the road of least resistance *shrug*

• talesin
    talesin

Xena

Yes, I see your point. We're probly close to the same place with this, like I say, not BRUTAL HONESTY (that, too, can be a cop-out, and a blaming exercise imo).

Just not the same old, tired thing.

Maybe (for me) it would mean just saying "It IS me, I am a commitment phobe, sorry, thought this time would be different."

Then it's not so vague. Ya know what I mean? Takes a bit of practice, though, lol.

tal

• Xena
    Xena

lol true, I see what you mean...but I have to admit, I hope I never get that much practice

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, I agree ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit