My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 2

by Simon 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((Simon)))

Just caught this and the first installment this evening. Your heart is so big, you made my heart (and my eyes!) full!

Thank you for sharing.

Brenda

• Farkel
    Farkel

Wow, Simon!

Thank you.

I know you now! Your story is MY story!

Some things never change. Especially dub stories.

Farkel

• nightwarrior
  • nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Simon

Whoops -pressed the wrong button

so far so good, it is rivetting ... keep going - you are such an interesting person.... actually a loverly couple aswell.. i have already had tears in my eyes. but then again I am like that...

Look forward to the next installment

see ya

cath

• ZeroKool29
    ZeroKool29
    I had ... the WTS that kept you busy, stopped you thinking ? kept you anaesthetised to your pain.

That statement contains more truth than you realize, Simon.

And as for your wife sitting in front of you out of 16,000 people in a stadium, I'll go you one better:

I recently visited my hometown of Memphis, TN for my birthday and stayed with my best friend, Kristen. She asked me if I planned on seeing my other friend, Devin, while in town and I informed her that I misplaced his number after I moved to Illinois six months ago. I was disappointed but saw no way of correcting the situation. The day of my birthday, Kristen and I went to one of the many theaters in Memphis (a city of over 650,000 people) to see The Last Samurai. I commented to Kristen while getting tickets about how strange it would be if I met someone I knew at the theater when I hear from behind me,? What are you doing here?? I turn around and there is Devin and his girlfriend, directly behind us in line, buying tickets for the same showing of the same movie as us.

Now, I ask you, WHAT are the chances of that? Factor in all of the variables:

650,000 people of which he and his g/f and me and my friend are only 4. That he would decide to go to teh same movie theater (there are at LEAST 10 theaters in Memphis), to see the same movie, at the same time as she and I, and decide to arrive at the exact moment in order to wind up in line DIRECTLY BEHIND US???

I told my friend, Kristen later on that we witnessed a perfect moment. A miracle. I wanted to see my friend, I had no way of getting hold of him, and things just happened to wind up that way. There were so many things that could have gone wrong and that moment would never have happened the way it did or at all, but it DID happen and it was perfect. Amazingly enough, in that movie The LAst Samurai, this character stands in front of a cherry blossom tree and says "You could search for the rest of your life for the perfect blossom and it would not be a wasted life." Later on, as this character meets his fate, he sees another cherry tree, it's blossoms blowing in the wind, and he observes, "They are ALL perfect." I don't know exactly how that fits to my story or yours, but there is some very deep wisdom there.

Thank you for sharing your story, Simon. I look forward to hearing more about it, and it is obvious to me that these things in your life have led you to accomplish something. This accomplishment is JWD. This is a calling. A life's work. This is something that makes a difference. Believe it or not, Simon, you've lead a bit of a charmed life.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    went down to visit her and she terrified me by taking me for a day out on Conwy castle walls.

I've been there! It's a magical place. I loved Wales - and the chicks were so cute! No wonder you fell for her, eh, you old dog, you!

Very perceptive, Simon. Enjoying this very much - a special request of mine a long time ago, if you recall.

CZAR

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

Great story on a great site...there's nothing as painfull as being seperated from your loved ones.

My Grandfather whom I loved very much was Dfd when I was a small child. One day he waited for me by my school gate and gave me a toy (I was about 7). My folks (The Pleiades cultists) broke it and told me that he was as good as dead ! I never saw him again. He died later that year. Just goes to show what evil men do to each other !

All the best ..

Nadsam

• mouthy
    mouthy

I agree with you that it was a setup-but not by your wife. Nate I agree with Nate---it was set up!!!! I will tell you who Simon!!!!whispers in simons ear. GOD!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing (((HUG)))

• Simon
    Simon

I've not forgotten about the next bit ! It's "in progress" and shoudl be finished in the next couple of days.

• Englishman
    Englishman

"Shoudl"?

Is that anything to do with the Turin Shoudle?

Smichael.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit