My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 2

by Simon 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Becoming a father had really made me think about my relationship with my own father. No doubt he'd held me like I held my son. I imagined how painful it would be to have my son grow up and not talk to me. My god, what had i done?!

It's incredable really, when a child is born, something happens to the father. Hard to put into words, but I liken it to an epiphany.

• willyloman
    willyloman

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/64910/1.ashx

Check out this thread for more about Pleides.

• Atilla
    Atilla

I like the part about the witnesses operating the tract table and how that sorta stumbled you. The society likes to brag that even thought they are a international organization, the same rules and principles are used everywhere. Nonsense, they do whatever is convenient for each country and region regardless of the affect it will have on the members.

I remember hearing talks about Christendom's religions and how lazy they were because they did not do the evangelizing, just handing out tracts. Later on I would hear stories about some dubs just setting up tract stands and it would just make me think. Of course, this tract witnessing in public areas seems more normal and might even be more effective than stalking people at their homes. However, for the rest of us, it was door to door.

• somebody
    somebody

Thank you so much for sharing so much ofyour life with us, Simon ( and Angarad). I know that typing all of it out can be VERY emotional. I got emotional reading much of part 2.

I've been waiting patiently...well...maybe not THAT patiently for part 3. I've been checking the board all day! LOL

I remember you on wit.net back in the day!

peace,

somebody/gwen

• boa
    boa

thanks simon for your heartfelt testimony,

i can only hope and work towards surviving my own ordeal of growing up in the org and am glad to have my wife united with me in our present course on the way out - (but still fading)

looking forward to the rest of the story

boa

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm enjoying this series quite a bit, looking forward to the next installment!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Simon, this is just riveting. I love how you and Angharad found each other (like some huge, benevolent hand was giving you a little shove in the right direction.) Can't wait to hear more.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Yeah, in San Diego we had desks at nearly all the malls and in front of large stores like Wal Mart and Costco. Sure, it was easy time because absolutely NOBODY would come up and talk to you, but it could be potentially very embarassing if somebody you knew saw you. Thats the part I dreaded the most. At least I never lived in the territory that I attended, but at a store or mall, you never know who might see you. Although there were many witnesses who actually SOUGHT such a circumstance, we all know that they were FREAKS

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks Simon.

The Pleiades was rejected in the November 15,1953 page 703. Watchtower:"Incidently,Pleiades can no longer be considered the center of the universe and it would be unwise for us to try to fix God's throne as being at a particular spot in the universe.Were we to think of the Pleiades as his throne we might improperly view with special veneration that cluster of stars."

However from the 1890's to the 1950's, the Society taught that God lived in the star system of the Pleiades.The place of the Eternal Throne of God.

Just one of many doctrinal claims thrown on the wayside.

Looking forward to your next installment,you will never be alone again,keep your wife and children very close to your heart.

Blueblades

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Thanks, Simon -- great story!!! I'm waiting anxiously for Part 3. I'm glad you and Ang found your soul mates -- it's a nice feeling not to be lonely anymore.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit