My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 2

by Simon 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Larelin: Hiya... my last few years as a JW were in Devon, we may well be able to share some stories. Which cong was it? I know Exeter East, Newton Abbot, and one of the Torquay ones (which my daugher describes as being populated by 'cold bitches'; such a perceptive girl!).

PM me if you like; I read your comments about coming to a realisation on another thread and recall the phase you're going through very clearly, I'd be dleighted to len a hand/swap stories.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Riveted to your story... looking forward to the next installment! Thank you!

• blondie
    blondie

Writing apostate on your car, Simon! What a Christian move that was.

Look forward to the next chapter.

Blondie

• Special K
    Special K

Enjoying "your story" simon.

Your writing is giving me a chronilogical picture as you step through the things that brought you into, through and out of the borg. Done with feeling as well.

Your "rose coloured glass" become evident as you speak of your wife.. aaah love.

and a fathers love is evident in the birth of your son... and how that leads you to feel that emotional connection to your father.

You began to do what I think most Borg members cannot...

"Stand in another persons shoes." In this case your dads and recognize his feelings as a father.

look forward to the next chapter....with anticipation.

I suspect that your writings have taken you back through the years and made your feelings more to the surface... an exposing and then healing kind of writing...a retrospect of looking and writing your life to bring you to where you are now..

sincerely

Special K

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    I didn?t invite my dad and didn?t see him but I have since found out that he actually came over and got a copy of some photographs from the photographer.

Simon, this was so touching. Over and over again, I see that one of the things that starts Witnesses to "thinking" is the true and unconditional love displayed by people outside the org.

• franklin J
    franklin J

interesting history Simon. I suspect the pain of the situation with your father is one that just cannot be forgiven---at least that is my reaction. Fortunately for you that you met your "soul mate" and she is with you for encouragement and support. Together.

We all have such unique experiences with this "religion". No one on the outside would understand.

It must bring you satisfaction to know that you have develped this forum.

Good luck.

• talesin
    talesin

simon,

What struck me is how supremely alone you felt, although surrounded by family and the rest of JW culture. The story is very different from mine, but the aloneness is the same.

angharad,

Main Entry: ser·en·dip·i·ty
    Pronunciation: -'di-p&-tE
    Function: noun
    Etymology: from its possession by the heroes of the Persian fairy tale The Three Princes of Serendip
    : the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for

it was meant to be (sigh)

talesin

• badwillie
    badwillie

Simon - I too started really waking up after I had my own child. Your writing is excellent , thanks for sharing it. Thanks for this forum too!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Your sister used to write "Apostate" on your car?????????

• Englishman
    Englishman

Simon,

You lucky old dog. Angharad is way too good for you. I guess it's her amazing sense of humour that I Iike best.

..and boy, can that girl wear tight pants!

Olivia Newton-John eat your heart out.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit