The Hubris of the Governing Body

by cofty 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Does“the faithful and discreet slave” endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate?—Matt.24:45,
    No, it does not. And yet, in various parts of the world, a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects. Some have pursued an independent group study of Biblical Hebrew and Greek so as to analyze the accuracy of the NewWorldTranslation
    “Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind.”—The Watchtower, October 1, 1967, p. 587

Do I endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate?—Matt.24:45,

No,I do not. And yet, in various parts of the world, a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects. Some have pursued an independent group study of Biblical Hebrew and Greek so as to analyze the accuracy of the NewWorldTranslation

“Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without me in mind.”—The Watchtower, October 1, 1967, p. 587

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Punk, you've got a typo for your first citation, it should be the KM Sept 2007 p.3.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

UA - Thanks for spotting that.. I'll check my source. Then probably go on the sauce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit