Young People Ask... ANSWERS THAT SUCK.

by shamus 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shamus
    shamus

Remember that stupid book that they had, "Young People Ask, Answers That Work Are Weird?"

Minimus just mentioned it in a thread.... they have that Young People ask section in the Awake! magazines.

What did you hate the most about that book?

I hated the pictures... they were horrible! How about the picture of a young girl who went out to dinner (by herself, incidentally) because she didn't mastrubate for a certain amount of time! I mean, PAAALEASE! It has been so long ago, I;m sure I saw it in that crappy book. Too bad it was thrown in the trash.

What other things can you remember about that crappy book? It would be fun to reminisce (sp) about that old crap, LOL!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wow, Shamus, I don't remember a whole lot about the book. I do recall the talk where they released it at the convention. I remember in the chapter: How can I get my parents to give me more freedom? There was a girl in her living room with a hurricane fence around her. Boy was that picture an understatement if I ever saw one.

Heather

• dustyb
    dustyb

lol, i got 2 of them. i was disappointed because it said masturbating was bad....shot my best hobby down the drain =P i also remember other things about it, but not offa the top of my head. i'm going to get it out and read and post about it later.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I remember when I got that book (about 15 years old, maybe) and going back in forth throught the pre-marital sex and masterbation articles looking for a loop-hole in their logic. I just knew if I read each article enough times, there would be something in there that gave me permission to do one or the other.

• dustyb
    dustyb

lol jayhawk, i did the same thing. i actually did find a loophole in it. i'll have to find it again and send it to this post.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I remember when that book was released at the convention. I dreaded it. My mother was excited that there was a new book to help her disipline me with. That book was a heap of shit. I vaguely remember anything about it now. Pray to Jehovah was the answer for every "problem".

One thing I'll never forget (and I'll bet it's in that book) is how to avoid bullies. Yeah, just walk away. That doesn't work. Then you always had the pictures of some kid walking away from some person trying to look tough. Then there's a stupid caption underneath that says something like "Will you follow Jehovah's example and just walk away?" LOL!

I love the ones about dating. "Am I really ready to date?" Of course you horny bastard!!! "Am I really ready for marriage?" Probably not, but sometimes you need to do what you have to do to get laid. "How can I deal with depression?" Those chapters are real winners. Here's the answer: Pray to Jehovah. Does that work for you Shamus? Sure as hell didn't for me.

• minimus
    minimus

Girls don't masturbate.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I do not remember this book at all.....it must have been released after 1982.

But by the way you are all describing it....sounds so very Watchtower

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    How about the picture of a young girl who went out to dinner (by herself, incidentally) because she didn't mastrubate for a certain amount of time!

She didn't masturbate, so she ATE OUT by HERSELF! Now that's talent! But at least she didn't use her hands! (Can't EAT OUT with your fingers, you know!) Hur hur hur!!!

I do not remember this book at all.....it must have been released after 1982.

1990. Same convention I was baptized in.

CZAR

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Girls don't masturbate.

I remember once having a discussion with a few sisters that were raised by JWs. They, like many many girls, discovered it accidently and thought it was great fun. That is until someone came along and told them it wasn't harmless fun.

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit