George Bush on "Meet the Press"

by RubaDub 43 Replies latest social current

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Wow...

I'm surprised by the lack of comment on Bush's appearance on the show "Meet the Press."

I was expecting the conserveatives to be praising his rousing comments in the interview. His quick-thinking, eloquence and reasoning were certainly more than any of us could have expected.

I'm sure his approval ratings will return to high levels after those on both sides of the political aisle now better understand his positions on foreign and domestic agenda.

Thank you Tim Russert and NBC News for the enlightening event.

***** Rub a Dub

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Rub,

By the same turn one could expect the liberals to denegrate his appearance. As I was involved in a Pancake breakfast raising funds for the Catholic School here, I have only seen sound bites.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

By the same turn one could expect the liberals to denegrate his appearance.

Yeru...

I don't really think the liberals have to comment too much on it.

Rush Limbaugh, in his first hour today, criticized Bush for basically saying nothing when he had opportunities to explain his position. He just cited several commentators that seemed to agree that while Bush can give good prepared speaches, he can't think on his feet.

***** Rub a Dub

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I thought he was on "Meet the DePressed (aka MTP) with tiny Tim Russert and not FTN.

I must be losing it.

• patio34
    patio34

It didn't seem to be Bush's day on TV. I saw the interview and don't need to say much of anything, as Rush seems to have given the general impression.

But the other thing was the 60 Minutes interview with Christians who believe in the rapture. They talked with quite a few and it was my opinion that it sounded pretty far-fetched and radical. Then Mike Wallace linked the group with Pres. Bush, saying something like "How does it feel to have one of your own in the White House?" Not just an ordinary Christian, but the rapture-believers. One of the preachers replied that it was a wake-up call for the US to lead in "saving" people and that's why one of theirs was in the White House.

Well, as the saying goes, I don't think "it'll play well in Peoria." It would seem to be a strong negative factor for Bush to be linked with a fring-type religious group.

Pat

• Badger
    Badger

The speech is like any other event...It'll get spun without mercy. Conservatives think that Bush can do no wrong and will talk about what a masterstroke it was or, at worst, that he was right but not good in the delivery. Liberals will claim that Bush is wrong in everything he does, from Iraq to using sugar on his corn flakes.

Again, I wasn't impressed, but then I'm not a Bush fan...so I'm not impartial.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I'm sure I would have had some comments but I didn't see it. I wanted to, but when I checked the schedule, it was over already.

• heathen
    heathen

I saw that . They showed a clip of GW claiming he follows the political philosophy of jesus christ . Apparently he missed the part in the bible when jesus gave all the political powers to Satan the devil . Any way I also saw the part about the religionists and the rapture thing . I don't know where they come up with that stuff as the word rapture does not appear in the bible .

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Well, he did manage to get through the entire interview without a sneer, or any other self-righteous facial expressions. So maybe there is some hope for the guy.

But I still think he's dumb.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't like any political leader who thinks they are doing gods will. It means they are a freakin nutcase IMO and not suitable for the job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit