George Bush on "Meet the Press"

by RubaDub 43 Replies latest social current

• Badger
    Badger

Why? I think I'm doing God's will....

• Simon
    Simon

You can't commit an army into a battle against a religiously opposing force though

... I think there is a huge "conflict of interest"

• Badger
    Badger

True...and "Oops" doesn't cut it for wars....

• heathen
    heathen

I agree with simon . I think they go too far whenever they bring God into politics . We are not here to change peoples minds with force , this is not the battle of armageddon . True it was the moslems who braught their God into this but the US does not have to respond in like manner . This is a country that allows for freedom of religion and we do have a moslem population and many jews and God knows what out there , I keep hearing the occult is the number one growing religion or have I read too many Watch Towers ? I remember seeing a documentary back in the 80's where they said that the satanic religion was most popular in the military so what we have here are people willing to fight for the satanic religion .

• Stacy Smith
  • Badger
    Badger

Moved enough to respond but not enough to contribute? Come on, sis....

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Moved enough to respond but not enough to contribute? Come on, sis....

On a forum run by a liberal brit? What would be the point? His majesty has cut my posting privledges enough as it is

• logansrun
    logansrun

As I've said before, Stacey rarely has anything substantive to offer in political dialogue and is the consumate "fly in, shit on your head and leave" type of poster. I think she might grow out of it, though.

Instead of the Democrats "tax and spend" fiscal policy we have Bush's "borrow and spend" economics. Bush borders on religious fanaticism and is stubbornly partisan, making no concessions to anyone. I honestly believe that this brand of Republicanism will die out very soon, to be replaced by a more moderate version that is more centrist.

Bradley

• Robdar
    Robdar
    On a forum run by a liberal brit? What would be the point? His majesty has cut my posting privledges enough as it is

It seems that he hasn't cut your posts by too much or you wouldn't have wasted one of them just to slam Simon. If I were you, I'd be glad that Simon is a liberal. If he was a conservative with as little tolerance as you, you wouldn't be posting here at all.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Is there really any meaning left to the "liberal" and "conservative" distinctions? I mean, the current "conservative" Republicans that advocate a laissez-faire approach to the market are really what economists would call "classical liberals."

Of course the "conservative" G.W. Bush also takes a very "un-conservative" approach to spending now, doesn't he? And is Joe Lieberman -- a man who said there is "no freedom from religion" in the US -- a "liberal"? Is Stacey Smith -- an admitted bisexual -- really in favor of "conserving" a rigid Judeo-Christian morality? I think not.

Come on.

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit