George Bush on "Meet the Press"

by RubaDub 43 Replies latest social current

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

keep telling me what I'm saying bradley

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Excuse me, but are you're trying to link the reasons for opposing Vietnam with the reasons for opposing the "War" on terror? Are you honestly saying the Vietnam war was a good thing? And are you saying that no one in this country should ever voice disapproval for any war our leaders oblige us to? I certainly hope you don't hold that utterly moronic and, quite frankly, anti-American opinion.

Wow, you squeal so loud.

The Vietnam war, a campaign against communist overthrow of Southeast Asia, was a good idea bungled by the liberal LBJ who kept trying to find a common ground with those who do not desire anything but absolute power. By the time Nixon was willing to expand the war into Cambodia, which was a training and supply ground for the commies, it was too late. The protest movement gave the communists hope, the wonderful Jane Fonda had pronounced the unendurable prison camps as just A-ok, and everyone was convinced that our soldiers were massacring babies as a matter of routine.

Had LBJ been willing to use all of America's existing might, including letting China know that nuclear was completely an option, we could have annihilated the Communists and ended the war within six months.

The seeds of our defeat in Vietnam were laid in our spineless (under UN guidance, I might add) political resolution of the Korean war, where China learned that we wouldn't nuke them, even if they sent a million men against us. MacArthur was right. We should have dropped the bomb on them.

So, what is your argument? Oh, there isn't one. You just call one of our respected posters a moron (and don't quibble with semantics, you did it). My vendetta against you is not irrational at all, Bradley. You are a hypocritical troll with no ability to defend your outspoken and controversial opinions. You regularly demean and slam people and then cry when someone calls you on it.

The "reasons" for opposing the Vietnam war are the same tired hug-everybody it's a small world after all hippie rhetoric. These are the same "reasons" for opposing intervention in Iraq and Afghanistan. "Oh, but America is always wrong, oh, but America can't do anything right, oh, but America is a capitalist power intent on crushing our pretty social engineering constructs..."

CZAR

• logansrun
    logansrun

czar,

You need a prescription. Seriously.

Bradley

• avishai
    avishai
    Instead of the Democrats "tax and spend" fiscal policy we have Bush's "borrow and spend" economics. Bush borders on religious fanaticism and is stubbornly partisan, making no concessions to anyone. I honestly believe that this brand of Republicanism will die out very soon, to be replaced by a more moderate version that is more centrist.

You call him stubbornly partisan? He spends like a drunken sailor, not a sign of a conservative. He also wants to give amnesty to illegal aliens, which I don't even think most liberals think is a good idea. I wish we had someone more cnservative than less,

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Quote of the day:

"Uh, er, ummmmm, uh, what I mean is, urrrr, ummm, Tim, is errrr,
    ummm....."

George Bush on Meet The Press, Sunday February 8, 2004 I think some of us have been overlooking the elegance of his oratories and the real significance of his speach ... Maybe we have overlooked the obvious ... George W Bush speaks in tongues! ***** Rub a Dub

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Bush is not a liberal or a conservative. He is a puppet for the Corporate Technocracy. The Corporate Technocracy runs the world now. The CT has two constituencies. One is the share holders that keep them (individually) in power and two is the Christian Conservatives that keep voting for their CT Puppets that masquerade under the guise of Republican pro-lifers.

Now the CT needs more than the just Christian vote to keep a hold of the white house, so they are turning to the hispanics also and figure that the Christians hate abortion more than they hate hispanics. On with the march of the Corporate Technocracy. 1984 will get here within 15 years by my guess. That is unless we can get a JFK type on the campaign trail to educate the masses and crush the corporate technocracy.

John Edwards perked my ears back around October when he attacked the corporate technocracy so thats when I started getting my hopes up about him but I figured the CT would pull some skeletons out of the closet and shoot him down. For a while there he carried only 1% of democratic voters so it didnt seem to matter. I really hope he pulls it and turns out to be the real deal and crushes the corporate technocracy.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I voted for Bush. I made some mistakes and apologize. Simply don't trust the Republicans or the Democrats. All the same thing. What does it really matter? Sorta like the "religious" issues.......... A picture is worth a thousand words, don't you think?

• heathen
    heathen

Mr.Kim -- your pictures didn't show . The media pretty much made sure that it's only a 2 party system . I still liked what the libertarians had to say in the last election . I hear the libertarians are trying to sue some states because they didn't put them on the ballot . Politics schmolitics , blech . The country is clearly run by the illuminati .

• amac
    amac

My favorite Bushism..."You fool me once, shame on....(thinking)...shame on you....(thinking)(idea pops into head)....you fool me, we can't get fooled again..."

Bush mixing up his rock lyrics with cliche sound bites.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Don't get me started on Bushisms !!!!!!!!

I had a Bushism daily calendar on my desk last year .. it was hilarious.

Let me see ......

"I've got very good relations with President Mubarak and Crown Prince Abdallah and the King of Jordan, Gulf Coast countries."—Washington, D.C., May 29, 2003

"And, most importantly, Alma Powell, secretary of Colin Powell, is with us."—Washington, D.C., Jan. 30, 2003

We may have to start a new thread on this topic ...lol.

***** Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit