New to the site, but got me on a train of thought....

by dustin_adam 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Nice work Dustin, and welcome to the board.

When I was a JW I never had the courage to look back through the old literature to see what they had said about 1975. When I finally did, I was disgusted.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Howdy! Looks like you've already begun to make a positive impression here.

Glad to read that you've been doing some research, and doing it with the WTS publications, but making some serious critical analysis as well.

Good.

All I can say is: keep on doing what you're doing.

I wish you well.

Best wishes,
    Rayzorblade

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

Hi

Keep going, lots more where that come from!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome to the forum! I really appreciated your post, and it didn't make MY brain hurt. I think you set it out in a very concise and easy-to-understand way. I look forward to the next installment! BTW, I was a Witness for 46 years and left two years ago (I'm 48 now), pioneered for 13 years, and really, sincerely believed everything I was taught. Being out is an eye-opening and liberating experience!

Nina

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Welcome dustin! Ah, the wonderful quotes that can be dug up are endless.

Check out quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com ... I love that site!

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian
    I'm 48 now

Now surely this must be some kind of American humor?!? Surely not !

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Adam: Very happy for you to have found your way out at an early age.

i suppose that it's being rather vindictive but i'd really like to shake the foundations of some of my more zealot family members who 'still believe'... and rather shocked at how easy it actually is with their own data.

No not vindictive, but loving. If you are successful, you will have saved their lives.

And that method (their own data) is the best way to get jws to open their own eyes. Most won't read what "apostates" suggest, but they do have their own librairies, and they are doing nothing wrong researching WTS publications.

Best of luck with your mission.

• dustin_adam
    dustin_adam

!!!!! Great Scott, with replies at this rate I'll have to ask Dell for a new keyboard for my laptop! I sincerely appreciate your replies, the support i have recived after having been a member of the site for less than two days now is unprecidented (sp?) I posted another topic this morning, less focused on their publications but more on their doctrine and teachings, and the conclusions drawn from them. I would really appreciate some feedback on that one.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome, Dustin, there are literally thousands of us on this list. Glad to have you join us. Good work on the research.

Gretchen

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Welcome to the board, Dustin! I remember when I was first researching the 1975 issue, and I found those quotes. They're pretty flagrant. The sad part is that I still stayed in the org for a year after that. It's sad, but if a person's not emotionally ready to leave, no facts will shake them.

Anyway, best of luck talking to your family members!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit