New to the site, but got me on a train of thought....

by dustin_adam 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hello and welcome Dustin

Devon

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Welcome to the board, Dustin, and earlier to chat; and nice work!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Welcome to the forum Dustin! I can see that you dove into this topic head first! This issue with 1975 is not the only time that the WT has predicted the end of "this system of things". Its actually happened 4 or 5 times now. Happy hunting! :D

Kansas District Overbeer

• avengers
    avengers

hi DA. welcome. I experienced the 1975 hype first-hand. When you start digging in their dirt you can find so many "truths".

Here's another gem of truth as laid down by the Great GB.

(How's your nose?)

1921 "The size of the nose, as also the size of the eyes, is not without significance. The small-nosed man cannot have a judicial mind, whatever his other excellencies may be. And a man whose nose upturns can no more be expected to administer justice than a pug dog can be expected to act as a shepherd." {GA Jan 19 1921 224}

PS. For you that want to know. GA stands for Golden Age.

Another fine Truth from the GB. But then in those days they still had Jehovah's Spirit.

Have fun........

Andy

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Welcome,

Nice to see a young man look through the piles of propaganda to discern what seasoned Dubs are absolutely blind to.

I was eleven in ' 75 and do recall the hype. Kinda silly now.

but i'd really like to shake the foundations of some of my more zealot family members who 'still believe'

Be careful not to distant yourself with trying to show family members the errors of the Tower. Take it slow. Lest you be viewed as a "agent of the evil slave class"

Keep up the good work.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Hi Dustin and welcome,

Check out this statement from the "1980 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses" pg.30-1

"A fine point point made in the talk "Choosing the Best Way of Life" was that Jehovah

God will save us from stumbling-even as he did David in the case of Nabal's insolence-but

we must do our part.The brothers also appreciated the candor of this same talk, which ack-

nowledged the Society's responsibility for some of the disappointment a number felt re-

garding 1975.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

alt

Doc Adams!

Whew what a great first post! It was good reading, I cut my teeth on the 1975 bumbling gosh if only I would have seen the falicy of it all back then...........ahhh well, sigh.

I'm looking forward to more of your research.

Kate

• dustin_adam
    dustin_adam

thanks for all the posts, and other qoutes, i've been recording them all to compile together and give to my Drone family members still assimilated into the Borg Collective. vell... oh and also... i was meaning to ask a kind of open ethical question, i've recived a lot of support in replies already about working to help rescue my family members from the clutches of the JW's, and also one or two replies about taking the process easy and gradual. that got me thinking on certain lines and i surmised that not everyone should be saved from them, but before you threaten to castrate me, lemme explain:

I was mostly thinking of my grandparent's who are on both sides of the family now in their seventies, they have spent so much time in the truth and have settled into a comfortable, casual routine in their retirements. so i argued to myself that from an ethical stand-point would it not be kind to leave them in peace with their beliefs? have they earned that right to be left alone at that age?... note that i haven't made any desicion either way... i'm still contemplating this one.... but i'd appreciate feedback, do you agree? disagree?

• franklin J
    franklin J

welcome to the forum, Dustin

you are among friends

frank

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Here's another response to add to the pile: Welcome Aboard Dustin!! It would be interesting to hear your story with the JWs, and how you got here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit