Are You Still Torn, Wondering Whether You Made The Right Decision To Leave?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What's scary is that I was never torn about what I knew. The only thing that bothered me was my family. But my wife enjoyed 2 great birthday parties that were in her honor over the weekend----one from me and the other from her family.

• shamus
    shamus

At first, yes. Not at all now. I would rather be raked with carpet tacks and thrown into a vat of vinegar than go crawling back to that drivel.

You need to give it time.. the drivel slowly leaves your mind.. being torn becomes non-existent. Of course, I have no family in it... those with family must be torn!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I know I already responded once, but I had to share a couple of points I thought of............first of all, none of my former friends ever contacted me, once I got DF'd..........but, I think it's because my mom was still going to meetings and the ones who really cared about me asked her how I was doing and she told them that I've never been happier..........that I was doing well, had a good job and was even dating now and then............also, since I work in town, I see the Dubs from time to time doing street work, I've also chatted with a few who call for their children or grandchildren for busing to and from school..........even the bus company that we employ for the kids has Dubs working as drivers..........so, they all hear my voice and I'm happy and friendly with everyone.........and I do not hesitate to tell them what I think if they ask.................and there are Dubs and X-Dubs who work for the school system who see me at the Union meetings or talk to me on the phone..............I am still a bit of a presence in their life (snickers) I'm proof that you can leave and be much happier and successful out than in.............they all knew that I suffered from severe depression for years and was not a happy person.........now I am..................DUH............I wonder what caused the change?????????

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Bohemian!!!! Welcome to this Group!!! By posting on it, I feel you've made the move to join us............and I am very happy to welcome you as one of us.............and I'm sure the others are too! This can be your sanctuary to heal and find out what your options are................I joined an Ex-JW Women's group after I left............just reading the posts week by week helped me to work things out in my mind.............don't be in any rush to go somewhere else.........just concentrate on healing the wounds that the WTS has left..............most of them are mental and emotional................meanwhile, anyone on here can answer specific questions that you might have........you'll find most of us have gone thru what you have............I myself wanted to die those last few months I was in............and I've lost contact with my sister and her family............my mom still talks to me tho................we are all very supportive of one another, and have formed a family for ourselves!

Hugs,

Terri

• Bohemian
    Bohemian

Sunnygal, Minimus, Seeitall -- Thank you so much for the warm welcome. It's good to know I'm among friends.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Heeeeell NO! I'm 100% sure!

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Damn, right I made the right decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• new light
    new light

Absolutely 100% positive. My only regret is that I ignored all the doubts I had for years. if only I had acted sooner I would be that much freer.

• minimus
  • minimus
    minimus

oh oh. I posted and nothing was on the thread! I'll try again. .......We realize that after a while we can't but help get out of the organization. It's depressing to just stay when we know it's a waste of time and not even really "the truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit