Are You Still Torn, Wondering Whether You Made The Right Decision To Leave?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

The longer I'm out, the more I wonder how I ever swallowed it.

No.................no doubts.

• minimus
    minimus

I am 10000000% certain this is not the truth!!!!

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Are you kidding? The other day I was looking back at my jw life, and thought, "how come I didn't get out of there sooner?"

I am happiest ever!!!

• Carmel
    Carmel

After 45 years "out" I'd say with fair certitude that I'm not torn! It's been nearly 49 years since I was baptized, and I knew that day that the Botchtower Society was not my cup of tea. Haven't seen one thing in all those decades to change my opinion.

carmel

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Are you 100% sure you're doing the right thing???

Yes. Absolutely Without a doubt especially after this week

• patio34
    patio34

Ha! I'm so sure I made the right decision that I'm amazed, embarrassed, and ashamed I was ever so gullible to fall for that brainwashing cult!!!

So happy to be free now--finally I try hard to not dwell on the disservice I did to my children by attempting to raise them in that mess. It has really stilted them in many ways.

Pat

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

When I read Lady Lee's recent experience that she had at her daughter's wedding, it makes me nauseated that I ever embraced something that makes people behave so ridiculously.

No, I'm not torn or wondering if I made the right decision. I wish I would have heeded those red flags that were going up when I first got involved, instead of wasting 10 years and becoming a seriously f*cked-up individual in the process.

What amazes me is that I haven't been contacted by any of my former dub acquaintances. It has been almost 2 years since I left, and it kills me to know that all those people I used to know are still going through the JW drudgery, week after week. How can they stand it??!!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It was undoubtedly the best decision of my life. I'm far better off as far away from the WT as it is possible to get on a planet with 6 million of them. They do not have the absolute truth as they claim and I have no doubt that "Armageddon" will never come.

• Special K
    Special K

Although it came racked with pain and loss of family members... It was absolutely the right decision for he, my husband and our children...

sometimes right decisions...carries casualties...

sincerely

Special K

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

100% sure. No regrets and I'll NEVER go back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit