I am a proud Jehovah's Witness Defender

by Matthew Jefferson 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I am a proud Jehovah's Witness Defender

erm....you are aware that pride is one of the 7 deadly sins...arent you ?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"And yet you wont join."

Good point PE.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I'm thinking Matthew is a Jehovah's Witness who joined under this absurd cover story because he knew if he owned up to being an apologist we would take him even less seriously. Anybody with me?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My name is Matthew J and I have just ended my study with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

What book did you study? Can you tell us what the book was about? What did you agree or disagree with "these amazing people and phenomenal organization"?

• Giordano
    Giordano
    I left due to the minor beliefs that I hold that remain separate from the organization.

I would be very interested to learn, if your willing to share, what different beliefs you held onto.

In general I don't use the cult word to describe the J.W's. But they are in my opinion a high control religion. Obedience is co equal with faith.

jwfacts.com quotes directly from their publications so you can get an accurate idea about what they taught, what changed over the years and their enforcement policies.

When my wife and I left the religion back in the mid 1960's.

Our issues were major and we could not find a compatible way to remain JW's. The first was their Ban on Blood which needlessly cause the suffering and eventual death of thousands. We wanted to start a family and I knew that if my wife and any child we had needed a life saving Blood transfusion they were going to get one.

Their belief that the world as we know it will end with Armageddon and only JW's would survive . Slaughtering billions of people didn't make any sense to me.

We had many JW friends, my formative years were spent in pleasant company.

But perhaps, like you, we just needed to walk away.

Best decision we ever made.

• Not_Culty
    Not_Culty

LOL

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome Matthew. I found your post intriguing at best and naïve at worst. You say that you are a 'Jehovah's Witness defender and friend' and your loyalty is an admirable trait. However, since you are not a baptized member of this religion, they feel that you will die in the impending Armageddon. They are not your real friends. They just tolerate you with their false façade in hopes that you will join their religion and become just like them. Cofty has made an excellent point in saying that you are now 'among experts'. You were exposed to this religion for 9 months. The combined months of the posters association here runs into the thousands. Please stay and learn from those posting here that have far more lifetime experience with this religion than a mere 9 months.

• asp59
    asp59

I know exacly what the elder was thinking and probably told others in the KH. Matthew hes not a sheep and Will be destroyd in Harmagedon. He wont join organisation cause be wants to live sinful life style

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Matt is with Elvis and as left the room.

Bye, Matt! You can never forget what you have learned here!

• zeb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit