I am a proud Jehovah's Witness Defender

by Matthew Jefferson 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Matthew Jefferson
    Matthew Jefferson

My name is Matthew J and I have just ended my study with the Jehovah's Witnesses. No, I did not stop studying because I believe the Jehovah's Witnesses are a 'cult', I left due to the minor beliefs that I hold that remain separate from the organization. I called my elder who is still an amazing man and great counselor, affirming that I do not wish to continue my studying. He was very calm and collected and said to me, "I applaud you for your honesty and [willingness to be open]. The door is still open if you ever, [ever] change your mind. As always, we look forward to seeing you at the library [I see them commomly doing service at the library (cart work)]. Tell your [family] I said hi."

As seen, it is clear that no, they will not 'shun' me for my leaving the studies. I have had 9 months of the a great honor and privlage to be associated with such amazing people and to aid such a phenomenal organization. I am, and have stated to my friends of my Kingdom Hall that if anyone were to harm the organization, I will do anything to my ability to come to their [the organization's] defense. I have said, ''If their is a 'watchtower', I will be a gaurd in it to aid in defence of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

From a Jehovah's Witness defender and friend,

Matthew Jefferson :)

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

phew--what a lucky escape you've had.

welcome to the rest of your life.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Well... good for you? You're not going to get a very warm welcome here with that kind of cold, grandiose, silly introduction, a lot of people who post on here do experience shunning at the hands of Jehovah's Witnesses, their family shuns them, their old congregation shuns them, people look the other way when they walk by, don't talk to them at funerals or weddings, don't invite them to get togethers. So maybe you should think outside your own head for just a minute and ask yourself: what if the other people here experience something different than I do? Crazy, I know, this introspection empathy thing.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Matt welcome to the forum.

The flaw in your position is that you know literally nothing about the organisation apart from what they have deigned to reveal to you as an outsider. You are now in the company of experts. Listen and learn.

• sir82
    sir82

they will not 'shun' me for my leaving the studies.

No, they save that part until after you are baptized as a JW.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Matt - they will always welcome you back because you're an outsider whom they want to convert.

If you were born into a JW family and told the elders you disagree with JW doctrine you'd be shunned by your family and the whole congregation.

Your ignorance of JWs and the Watchtower religion is astounding.

Stick around here - you might learn something.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"As seen, it is clear that no, they will not 'shun' me for my leaving the studies"

Glad you escaped. You should see what your family does to you when you are honest with them and decide to leave the organization. We are experiencing this at this very moment.

I'm happy for you, I truly am but there are some people on this forum who are experiencing something VERY different and it hurts.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

It's amazing how you throw so many superlatives in your post.

Superlative: an admiring sometimes exaggerated expression especially of praise

Can you explain the following?

amazing people

such a phenomenal organization

left due to the minor beliefs that I hold that remain separate from the organization

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Matt seemingly echoes what many of us felt while in the early stages of getting to know the witnesses and their indoctrination process. What they have been taught to present to the uninitiated is really quite impressive and it does lead one to believe that what they are "seeing" at that moment is true.

Until one is baptized and a part of the structure one will be treated well. The Love Bombing ends quite abruptly with membership. It is only then that one is able to see and feel the pressures and the fears that are intended to keep one in.

Count yourself very fortunate Matt. You've made a clean escape.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I have had 9 months of the a great honor and privlage to be associated with such amazing people and to aid such a phenomenal organization. I am, and have stated to my friends of my Kingdom Hall that if anyone were to harm the organization, I will do anything to my ability to come to their [the organization's] defense. I have said, ''If their is a 'watchtower', I will be a gaurd in it to aid in defence of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

And yet you wont join.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit