Self Esteem

by larc 43 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Hi One Ugly Time,

This is a good example of negative tranference using NLP speak, as was the original question... Very emotionally charged method of infering negative traits upon those you are talking to...all the while it will obviously make you feel better about yourself, and give you all the appearances of a healthy self-esteem if you talk as if your positive outlook diminishes and humilates others

I really enjoyed your post (and thanks for the compliment), especially the above about saying something ostensibly complimentary but being actually derogatory and self-inflating. It seems to me to apply to some situations I've encountered and didn't know how to express it. Thanks.

I also agree that an anaylist wouldn't ask such a question with the intent of eliciting some power unless the time and patient were ready. Certainly not out of the blue like that. To say "I don't understand," also seems dishonest and may imply the attitude of the sufferer is foreign to normal thinking processes.

Pat

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

larc, I once had a friend who had NEVER had a headache in her entire life.....it was attributable to the way her skull was joined to her spine....most people have a curve in the cervical vertebrae (neck bones)....hers was totally straight.....ergo, because she'd never experienced a headache, she had absolutely no idea how or why others suffered so much pain from headaches....and could never understand "where they were coming from" when they verbally expressed their sufferings....I have a feeling, larc, that your neurons are firing differently than most people's, chere....

Frannie B

• larc
    larc

Frannie, perhaps you are right. Maybe my neurons fire differently. I know that my youngest daughter's must fire differently. She has gone through stuff and her life right now is far from perfect, yet, she continues to be a very happy person. Perhaps, it is genetic. I was far from a perfect father, so her environment does not account for it. She does not have to work at being happy. For those who do have to work at it, I think there is hope. You may not experience bliss all the time, but I think you can take the edge off of the very negative feelings and thoughts that people can have. I know that it can be hard work, but I really do think that is worth the effort. I think, with work, you can believe in yourself and have regard for yourself, no matter what others told you in the past or what they are telling you now. (If I said that you were a car, does that mean that you are a car??? Same with self worth - it comes from within, not from others.)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    no matter what others told you in the past or what they are telling you now. (If I said that you were a car, does that mean that you are a car??? Same with self worth - it comes from within, not from others.)

larc, in some cases (like yours) I agree....but for the most part, people have developed a frame of mind or mindset (belief system) based on what they've been "fed" by others in their peer group and home, school and work environments....and those beliefs are strong enough to cause paranormal manifestations (spiritual experiences) for some.....they can't easily overcome this, no matter what the facts of the matter are....

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit