Literature being discontinued, including Isaiah's Prophecy and Reasoning book

by Richard_I 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Congregations get an annual letter that tells what can be ordered for literature (it's mainly a list of audio CDs/DVDs for the deaf), but this time it included publications that will be discontinued, and this included the Isaiah's Prophecy book and the Reasoning book, and I think I saw the Draw Close to Jehovah book. I meant to take a picture of the letter but forgot. The branch is only going to give what they have on stock, when that stock depletes that's it, you won't be able to order those publications anymore.

This is in Canada so I don't know if this is worldwide.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

It's about time they got rid of the reasoning book. It's full of the old light that was advocated in the 80's.

This is like Enron when close to its end, they went on a vigorous shredding campaign. Watchtower is doing the same. They are erasing everything they have ever written.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The Borg has been known to erase its past, and doing that they are right now.
  • Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

I also believe that in the future they will stop offering the WT library that has WT all the way to 1960s, it's too much exposure to researching all the fail prophecies in 1975... so get them while you still can.... not printing "spiritual food" at the proper time so they fed us junk food??!!!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Organizations that have nothing to hide are proud of there beginnings , early history ,not Jehovah`s Witnesses .

They are not just content to re-write it , they also want to destroy it.

That should say a lot to the rank & file

smiddy

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I'm with smiddy on this one. The org definitely wants to erase their history. I don't doubt that they will do away with the Watchtower CD ROM in the near future and just tell people, "it's all on jw.org now." This way, no one will know anything prior to 2000, because the Watchtower on the CD went back to 1950 and the Awake to 1970.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    god that fucking isaiah book. every. single. chapter. had the same fulfillment. it was a goddamn broken record.
  • Elisa1966
    Elisa1966

@ Richard_I

Could you make a copy of that letter?

• kramer
    kramer

its hardly trying to rewrite or destroy the past. They are just stopping printing some books.If they were really trying to destroy the past they would do things like tell congregation libraries to destroy all books past a certain age, or encourage publishers only to keep stuff x years old.

How is stopping printing some things trying to erase a history??

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    god that fucking isaiah book. every. single. chapter. had the same fulfillment. it was a goddamn broken record.

The bloody bookstudy doing BOTH books on it was a nightmare...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit