Literature being discontinued, including Isaiah's Prophecy and Reasoning book

by Richard_I 60 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

I I hope they have all of the "publishers" shred their Revelation books! Studied that bitch 3 times and it STILL reeks of dodgy, nothingness.

the literature counter has always had notice of certain books going out of print. And the WT Society will always have something new to print. Well, it will LOOK new but it will be the same old thing.

• blondie
    blondie

WTS policy is to stop printing pubs that have been replaced with something more up to date in their opinion. The WT CD operated the same way, some books are on the older ones and dropped on newer ones.

As to the reasoning book, few jws ever put it in their service bag let alone ever take it out at the door.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Kramer: If they were really trying to destroy the past they would do things like tell congregation libraries to destroy all books past a certain age, or encourage publishers only to keep stuff x years old.

But they have indeed done this. Several large boxes of older books, including the early Russell and Rutherford stuff were thrown away at the express direction of the local branch office.

Some of us kept the books out of "sentimentality", and for research purposes.

• hoser
    hoser

The reasoning book has been obsolete for the last 20 years!

It explains the generation teaching as the generation that saw 1914 will not pass away.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Thankfully for apostates everywhere they will never be able to erase their long history of printing embarrassingly stupid books. It would be like trying to gather confetti on a windy day.

The only thing you need for service now is a supply of jdubyah.borg business cards in your pocket.

• done4good
    done4good

kramer-its hardly trying to rewrite or destroy the past. They are just stopping printing some books.If they were really trying to destroy the past they would do things like tell congregation libraries to destroy all books past a certain age, or encourage publishers only to keep stuff x years old.

How is stopping printing some things trying to erase a history??

Naive.

It's called revisionist history, and the WT, as well as all authoritarian regimes are masters at it.

d4g

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It's about time they got rid of the reasoning book. It's full of the old light that was advocated in the 80's - totally agree with this.

And while we're at it, what about the ghastly Revelation Climax book?

Or has the WT already discontinued that one?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    to think when I was an active uber dub the Reasoning book never left my side when out in the FS! how times change
  • sir82
    sir82
    I'd volunteer to be on the firing squad for the Isaiah books.
  • Landy
    Landy
    Is the evolution book, the one from the late 80s, still on the go? That collection of out of context misquotes and blatant deliberate mis-understanding of evolution is one of the things that started me thinking wtf.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit