Literature being discontinued, including Isaiah's Prophecy and Reasoning book

by Richard_I 60 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Eventually all printed literature will be discontinued, other than single page handouts. They haven't printed anything worth reading for years, since the original Aid book and the 'All Scripture inspired'. Everything else has been a joke.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    like trying to gather confetti on a windy day

sparrowdown, you win 2015's metaphor of the year award!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Nicolaou - Thankyou, I'd like to thank the WT and it's writing department for making this award possible. I'd like to thank their God Jehovah for blessing their printing work and thus ensuring that for all time, there will always be, in a basement somewhere in the world a mouldy copy of a WT publication.
  • sir82
    sir82

On the other "hand", the Revelation Climax book is currently being studied in the School for kingdom evangelizers as if it were a genuine resource for deep bible study in 2015.

Seriously? Gawd-a-mighty, how depressing for the poor saps that have to sit thru that dreck yet again.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    There was some kind of "climax at hand" with whoever wrote the Rev Climax Book but it wasn't of the biblical prophetic kind, that's for sure. 😉
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Love the Orwellian references everyone!

Yes, "sweeping the past under the carpet" and pretending like it was never there is so typical of the organisation!

(Side point: how much do the terms 'organisation' and 'society' reek of 'cult'!?)

• freddo
    freddo

The Revelation Climax book. So called because it came again and again.

Remember when we studied it for the third time with the literal cut and paste stuff that was to be stuck in when it got revised?

The only book printed by the WT with stuck together pages and it has Climax! in the title.

You couldn't make it up.

• fulano
    fulano
    Get used to the " spiritual nouveau cuisine" , no Michelin star though.
  • Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

LOL @ freddo

Sir82, I think that's the point. One substitute CO who graduated not too long ago said of the school, "it breaks you." Suddenly I realized that is by design. It's not too far-fetched to say that there's a hidden purpose in the cirriculum, to break students of their "pride" so as to be willing life-long stooges for the org. Part of that process is overloading them with the most inane, complicated, and ridiculous material available... cue the Revelation Climax book. There's no loyalist like one who will dutifully memorize such claptrap and, the second it all gets "updated", be right on board with the changes and helping others to do the same.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Well the good news is that its gone from 200 and 300 page books on the trolleys down to single page tracts,so much depth and meat lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit