2018 Courage Convention video invitation

by Listener 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• javierjiminy
    javierjiminy

This is the gift that keeps on coming. Just told my mom, who I'm trying to wake up, about this and she said there's something wrong here, and that's propaganda. She also said we used to attack other religions for advertising on tv.

• jp1692
    jp1692

What's with the Viking sail boat and the huge wave?!?

(See the video @ 0:27")

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I assume its a reference to the storm on the sea galie when the apostles thought they were going to die and jesus calmed the storm. It suppsed to evoke the stormy times they think we live in and comfort the dubbies with a reminder that jesus can calm the storm.

pardon me while i puke

• jp1692
    jp1692

You're probably right Morpheus. Perhaps they were going for a "Phoenician look" (I'm no expert on ancient nautical engineering and design).

Still, the Sea of Galilee is 21 km (13 mi) long and 13 km (8.1 mi) wide.

I'm not buying monster rogue waves there.

• steve2
    steve2

Every bump, every knock, every hand on shoulder, every slight, every bite, every scoff, every scorn - sounds like my local Kingdom Hall.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

J.W.'s, "Be Courageous" and start asking yourselves serious questions about the teachings & direction of the religion you joined 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 years ago. It is not the same one today, is it?

Tele-evangelism is the order of the day for the preaching work, the CLAM meetings, and every assembly & convention. Video has replaced the Bible as the org's principle teaching method.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I was talking with my sister yesterday, and she was telling me another JW relative was giving her the fear talk. She kept responding on how things are better. To be fair, I so remember vividly seeing nothing good in the world...that we were one heartbeat away from the END.

Fear is an effective tool. And yeah, about the ship???

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"this chaotic world" what is the JW world? balanced?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its just another propaganda statement that JWs should expect trials and persecution because they are the only true righteous practicing Christians and therefore they should be prepared..

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The black sister has demon eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit