2018 Courage Convention video invitation

by Listener 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum

Do they really think that's going to attract people to JWdom??? Like some guy who's being bullied at school is going to say "Oh yeah, I wanna go meet with those Jehovah Witnesses; I bet I won't get bullied anymore then!" The last thing somebody who's being bullied wants is to be associated in any way with JWs.

In the time back when JWdom was seemingly bold and confident, we tried to attract people by trying to show them how wrong everybody else was and how right we were; those days are over. JWdom has lost in the doctrinal/theological arena; it now is resorting to trying to attract people with methods like the ones used by Methodists and Mormons - using videos like this one.

edited to add: So, the great tribulation is going to begin any minute now, and this is the kind of stuff they choose to focus on? If they're right about the imminence of the end referred to in their doctrine, then they're going to be massively bloodguilty.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The org has no shame

Two social issues in the news this past year and they use that to promote their cult

Pfffttt...the metoo movement and school bullying

As though being inside the org offers a solution. Huh. One of the most dangerous places for a woman is inside the JW cult and I don't even want to talk about why school bullying has been in people's minds this past year

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole!

I wouldn't touch her with a vaccinated crowbar.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    pale.emperor 4 hours ago
    Also, we need to caption competition this beauty:

Why should we assume the man gently touching her shoulder is a "worldly" co-worker?

Who's to say she doesn't work from home and that the man touching her, isn't her Husband?

(P.S. I notice they made sure this "sister" was wearing extra eye makeup.)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How can it be of any help to waste more time doing field circus? Does that ease the problem of having to work, or does it just make it worse because you are tired or because you could not do other housework because you were in field circus? And how can wasting money on Israel missions solve anything?

• steve2
    steve2

Well that sister sure has got the look of death down to perfection. Comes in handy for shunning.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Telltale signs of a religion desperately trying to recruit people. The problem is that the PR department should be advising the producers of this content about what works and what is relevant in our world. As more time passes the more cringe worthy and corny these videos become. To a non-Witness this will have very little if any effect on getting them to go to the regional convention.

It’s obvious that their assembly campaigns handing out countless invitations are not successful. If they were effective, there would be a ten-minute part at each convention boasting about all the marvelous experiences with endless applause from the ecstatic audience.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

They know exactly what their target point is. Internal recrutement. The message is far more important to tell the rank and file how bad the outside world is and not to flee away from "mother".

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit