2018 Courage Convention video invitation

by Listener 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Is schoolboys bumping into one another (oh the horror) and male coworkwers touching female coworkers on the back (gasp) so terrible and prevalent to be a thing now? Not only a thing but a sign you need a JW convention just to help you cope with it all.

• freddo
    freddo

I reckon that boat is a flag for the Jonah video. It's a big one compared with a fishing boat on the Sea of Galilee.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Good point. When you really look at it, it is large for a fishing vessel. Now i feel really dirty for thinking of cult explanation that they didnt intend

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Instead of the 'sister' at work being "touched inappropriately", why didn't the video show some member of the congregation wrongly touching a young person ? I mean that HAS occurred WITHIN the organization, - so it would be a more realistic storyline!

Try writing a convention talk to actually deal with that elephant in the room!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I mean that HAS occurred WITHIN the organization, - so it would be a more realistic story line.

Oh no those dont happened within the JWS such as inappropriate touching of the opposite sex by adults or children for that matter, those things only occur out in the world by worldly people in worldly environments.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Few things here. First of all, they're doing exactly what the Mormons did back in the 90s. I used to see adverts on TV inviting us to call for a free DVD or Book of Mormon. Seems they're that desperate for converts now.

Secondly, is it just me or has the society been featuring primarily non-white actors now? The Remember The Wife Of Lot video focused on an Asian family, this video features all but Caucasian members, and lately the literature is featuring a lot of Asian people.

Don't get me wrong, it's all good they're mixing it up - but it looks deliberate to me. Could it be that they're focusing on minority groups or immigrants now?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Also, we need to caption competition this beauty:

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole!

• skin
    skin

I watched it with the sound turned off, is she not giving that evil look to her husband?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

My thoughts exactly, her facial expression says:" keep your fucking hands off me buddy or I will claw your eyes out. I ain't risking pissing off the WT corporation dude"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit