Why I think the J.W. Religion will be around for a long time yet.

by smiddy 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It will continue to change as time goes on.

A resurrected JW from the 70s/80s/early 90s would not recognize what the WTBTS is today. It's evolving even too quickly for me these days!

Today's JW might not recognize what it'll become by the 2040s come around.

Same with all other faiths.

DY

• Giordano
    Giordano

Doubtfully Yours:

Actually most religions are fairly consistent over a long period. Since the Society has no educational moorings, no respect for it's past leadership and their writings (not to say they deserved anyone's respect) it's a free radical bouncing all over the place. It is what it is now in this moment........ but not later on.

It's become a religion with no past and in a basic sense no real future.

Contrast the JW's with the Catholics or Mormons even with all of their wack-a-doodle beliefs and you have a religion that celebrate's it's past, educate's their followers.......... not only encouraging higher learning....... they even have their own universities, it encourages careers, provides assisted living options for their seniors, and supports a robust family life. That's a religion that will weather any storm or scandal and survive intact into the future.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    One thing time has told us, each generation progressively gets worse. And this generation is one of the the most, if not the most, perverted in history. So if then by some remote chance the "book of bible stories" you mock is accurate, there will be a heavy price to pay.

I'm sorry but this can't be proven in any way shape or form. The WT runs with this idea because it feeds off people's negativity and yearning for the past. It ignores any positive advances or trends in the world because it doesn't fit in with it's narrative.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''' they even have their own universities, it encourages careers, provides assisted living options for their seniors, and supports a robust family life. That's a religion that will weather any storm or scandal and survive intact into the future.''

This is something which I've pondered for many, many years. If the JW's claim to be so ''loving'', why don't they provide for the poor, homeless, provide education, and support theology??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit