Why I think the J.W. Religion will be around for a long time yet.

by smiddy 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

The desire to marry is actually a conservative move by couples who want to spend their lives together, equal before the law, with the very same property, inheritance and next-of-kin rights, free from the fear they will be discriminated against by others.

comparing marriage equality to bestiality is mischievous and illogical. If that's your strongest argument, man you are desperate and flailing.

To extend your "argument": Even 100 years ago, who'd have known inter-marriage among different ethnic groups would finally be accepted by society?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Gay marriage is really a conservative plot to integrate gays into respectable society. It's so sneaky few people even noticed.

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    My argument is not so much where it will start or stop. My argument is who has the rights to set the rules or the line of demarcation. People or a creator? I was being "over the top" in a symbolic way. Sadly,sickly, tons of people are having sexual relations with animals and it's big business online. No it's not consensual. I doubt it would ever get to the point of marriage. However I must admit nothing would surprise me these days.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    We have to draw our own arbitrary lines.
  • cofty
    cofty
    Sadly tons of people are having sexual relations with animals - Makeme

Stunningly good example of Poe's Law.

You are either very dumb JW apologist or a total genius of a subversive.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sadly,sickly, tons of people are having sexual relations with animals and it's big business online.....makemeanunbeliever

I have no idea if that`s true or not..

Which begs the Question..

How does Makemeanunbeliever know so much about having Sex with Animals??!!..

.....................................Image result for Woman with evil smile

• steve2
    steve2

Makeme, you will have to forgive me for this observation: Your arguments are appalling - and betray evidence of not being a very considered thinker. I cannot believe anyone would write "who has the rights to set the rules or line of demarcation. People or a creator?" WTF??

If we were to be guided by a "creator", especially the one who dominated societies responsbile for the so-called Holy Scriptures, we'd find all sorts of severe punishments for slaves and women, among others, and very clear cut directions on how to "deal to" people's occupying the Promised Land.

It is an absolute fiction that a deity's laws are somehow perfect whilst secular laws pale by contrast.

All the human rights you undoubtedly "enjoy" and take for granted were provided by secular law, not Biblical law. You typify individuals who enjoy your human rights but are so blind to the fact not everyone in your community has those rights.

I resent that I am in my sixties, am a law-abiding citizen who pays taxes and is still being questioned about why I and my husband want the same human rights and protections as other married couples enjoy.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    That's something which high-control religious groups. Is they take away a citizen's human rights, which they are supposed to enjoy.
  • Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Makeme, you will have to forgive me for this observation: Your arguments are appalling - and betray evidence of not being a very considered thinker. I cannot believe anyone would write "who has the rights to set the rules or line of demarcation. People or a creator?" WTF??

If we were to be guided by a "creator", especially the one who dominated societies responsbile for the so-called Holy Scriptures, we'd find all sorts of severe punishments for slaves and women, among others, and very clear cut directions on how to "deal to" people's occupying the Promised Land.

It is an absolute fiction that a deity's laws are somehow perfect whilst secular laws pale by contrast.

All the human rights you undoubtedly "enjoy" and take for granted were provided by secular law, not Biblical law. You typify individuals who enjoy your human rights but are so blind to the fact not everyone in your community has those rights.

I resent that I am in my sixties, am a law-abiding citizen who pays taxes and is still being questioned about why I and my husband want the same human rights and protections as other married couples enjoy.

If there is indeed a creator, and from my perspective, experience and common sense he does exist, what he chooses to do is his business. His ballgame, his rules, not mine.

None of us are blind to the fact that human atrocities existed in the past, the present and will continue in the future until mankind destroys himself or if there is a deity and he steps in. It is not my goal to offend you. But if the lines of demarcation set by a supernatural being who claims to have sovereignty over the universe offends you that's not my concern. That is between you and him.

I do know this though. Running and managing 4 companies of my own that many of my employees make recommendations or even rebel at my present and future goals. However I firmly, yet kindly, remind them that it is my company and the final lines lie with me. How much more so the creator of the entire universe?

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    That's something which high-control religious groups. Is they take away a citizen's human rights, which they are supposed to enjoy.

And just where do you propose those lines of demarcation, or citizens rights as you describe them, end and begin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit