Why I think the J.W. Religion will be around for a long time yet.

by smiddy 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Running and managing 4 companies of my own that many of my employees make recommendations or even rebel at my present and future goals. However I firmly, yet kindly, remind them that it is my company and the final lines lie with me. How much more so the creator of the entire universe?

I can see you are the obvious manager of 4 companies. What on earth does this have to do with actually identifying "who" the creator is? Does he support Christians? Jews? Muslims? Are "His" rules universal or peculair to people who think they are his chosen ones?

It matters - because the rules change hugely based on your answer.

WHat on earth do human atrocities have to do with my point of view?

You speak as if it is totally unproblematic who this creator is and what this "creator" has decreed.

I suggest that, before you go offering your opinions about people's private consensual behaviour you help readers understand which "creator" you are referring to. Or have you even got that far yet?

Imagine if your company was being run by more than one invisible creator, each expecting different things of employees. This is not far removed from your naive conception of the creator.

• prologos
    prologos

maybe past if God judges them worthy. You see God will be the judge if they are right or wrong,

Makemeanunbeliever, We saw the kind of judgement you might be talking about. For the record: open your "Proclaimers" book to page 426, this shows the year ~1919, when "god" judged the wt to be the F&DS. on the basis of this prophetic teaching: "The world has ended. Millions now living will never die" " nie sterben"

Judgements like that are scary.

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever

@Steve2

From my readings and studies of present and ancient religions I am siding with, Jehovah, Jah, Yahweh, whichever way anyone chooses to pronounce it, and his decrees.

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    @prologos-That is between them and him.
  • Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    @outlaw-Your going to have to try harder than searching Google photos to copy and paste your replies. Just because someone is aware that there is data about rape, murder and any other atrocity doesn't mean that they enjoy or engage in it. Usually, quite the contrary. It proves the "no limits" of depravity that mankind is capable of. The FBI and other police agencies have to view these things and rescue many. My hats off to them, I personally couldn't handle the level of sickness they have to endure.
  • prologos
    prologos
    Mmaub, Given the improbability of wt-described judgements, I imho stick to the proven deist idea, that the issues discussed above, will be sorted out by the working out of natural laws which govern the universe. who is to say that a segment of the population endowed with great talent will not benefit a society by not being burdened with all the accoutrements of procreation? -while also not being deprived of the pleasure of fulfilling their hormone driven desires?
  • Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    \Mmaub, Given the improbability of wt-described judgements, I imho stick to the proven deist idea, that the issues discussed above, will be sorted out by the working out of natural laws which govern the universe. who is to say that a segment of the population endowed with great talent will not benefit a society by not being burdened with all the accoutrements of procreation? -while also not being deprived of the pleasure of fulfilling their hormone driven desires?

Don't mind me, knock yourself out.
  • steve2
    steve2

Cool Thanks Makemeanunbeliever. I appreciate your clarity at last about your "creator".

It will be interesting over time to get your views on what percentage of "law" from the Hebrew Scriptures/Old testament you think still applies and how literally you view the "inspired of God" phrase, but perhaps this warrants a separate thread, given the current OP.

• prologos
    prologos
    MMAUB: There never has been a bona fide judgement, like the one you are threatening with, but read on in your book of bible stories. but I admire your conviction, and share your perceived desire to have a secure life.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

MMAUB;

''but I admire your conviction, and share your perceived desire to have a secure life.''

What prologos said. 100% agree!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit