Will God punish consenting Adults for having sex?

by fearnotruth22 21 Replies latest jw friends

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    We are seperate from the animal kingdom and therefore comparisons between our behaviour and the animal kingdoms behaviour holds no ground IMO as far as moral issues are concerned ....

So, then, there is a separate God for animals? I didn't know that!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Abraham with his step-sister, Lot with his daughters, Judah with his daughter -in law which he thought was a temple prostitute, half of the men in the Hebrew scriptures with slave girls and wives and daughters of captured nations, Soloman with his 900 wives and concubines(Still my hero) and Balaam who got a piece of ass on his way to curse Israel, cause there's always time for that.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Its only those religions that derive from the Abrahamic line, whether Jewish, Christian, or Islamic, that have a problem with sex. The rest of us see it as a gift from god or goddess (I happen to choose the feminine). We believe that god gave us those feelings of pleasure not so that we could then deprive ourselves of it in penance, but to use them and enjoy it.

Where a lot of people err is in thinking that if you then don't believe in the Bible you must have no morals. As pointed out in an above post, most of the patriarchs had no morals. I definately am monogomous. But since current law forbids my partner and I the right to marry and legalize our holy union, we will be having sex outside of marriage probably the rest of our lives.

I really feel sorry for those that think they have to suffer to buy their way into heaven. I'm happy that my goddess does not require that of me. And I am blessed by her daily.

Gretchen

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I hope not. But it wouldn't hurt to go to confession just to be safe.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sargon

Bonobos shag like humans.

• Puternut
    Puternut

They key word lies in 'consenting'. If both are agreeable to it, what if you consented to smoking a bowl of weed. It's your choice. Too many people concern themselves with what others think. We were all given gifts, talents, and freewill. There are so many resources that were given to us, that are at our disposal. And the intimacies of sex, are there for a reason.

• Special K
    Special K

No.. God will not punish "responsible" Adults for having consentual sex.

special k

• El blanko
    El blanko
    So when did God create those virii? In readiness for "the fall" or afterwards?

I would assume they were the inevitible consequence of the physical universe heading towards a more chaotic framework?

• Satanus
    Satanus
    So when did God create those virii? In readiness for "the fall" or afterwards?
    I would assume they were the inevitible consequence of the physical universe heading towards a more chaotic framework?

You mean a devolution, ie, the reverse of evolution? That would mean that they were not created by god, but descended from a higher lifeform? SS

• shotgun
    shotgun

Yes God will..he'll whack their pee pees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit