1975 selling of houses

by Paul Bonanno 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Lost in the Fog

''May 22, 1969 Awake! magazine. If this wasn't an obvious directly worded comment about 1975 I don't know what is...

Witness youths: If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone! " ''

If I could smash that like button 10.000 times I would.

I dont know, but there was a video on youtube somewhere about only certain Bethelites had access to certain 'older' literature.

Because if they had access to all 'older' publications,,,,,they would realize they were in 'sham of a religion',,,,as he put it. In other words, an 'embarassment',

• wozza
    wozza

If I had known about and read that 1969 Awake I never would have become a witness. My first study was in about 1974 with an elder and he had the faith in 1975 ,so when I asked him about the 1975 teaching he was a bit cagey at first but said that he thought it would happen then.

I said my soon to be MIL said nobody knows the day or hour ,he was awkward about this and I quit my study then but was sucked in later because my wife became a JW. But that Awake would have sealed it forever if I had known .

And another thing I remember is that at the time a lot of brothers were pedalling Life insurance for a living ,if they believed in 1975 they must have had good chuckle amongst themselves for those poor bastards about to die.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Wozza,

I know. To this very day, you hear longtimers 50 plus years in the Borg saying people put too much stock in the 1975 debacle,,,when it is all clearly in print,

Its just too bad there was no internet back then. The 'awoken' crowd would just skate circles around the PIMI's.

• waton
    waton

1975, when jws were selling , watchtower was buying Brooklyn hotel for 2 000 000. peanuts.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

''May 22, 1969 Awake! magazine. If this wasn't an obvious directly worded comment about 1975 I don't know what is...

If that didn`t say it all ,I don`t know what will.

However ,saying that I still remained a JW for many more years ,slow learner me.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Waton - 1975, when jws were selling , watchtower was buying Brooklyn hotel for 2 000 000. peanuts.

That's interesting. Do we think that they concocted the 1975 thing to rake in money for this purchase?

They panicked the Jobots into getting them to give their house sale money to the WBT$? A shakedown.

I can't remember if they were spouting the old 'Jehovah(tm) needs your money.' schtick. I wasn't that on board at the time. Just tagging along with Mum and Dad.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''They panicked the Jobots into getting them to give their house sale money to the WBT$? A shakedown''

If That is the case...how evil

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Beth's Serum - If That is the case...how evil

Yep. That sums the WBT$ leaders up even if that wasn't the case.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Beth, they told people it was commendable if they sold their homes to live off the proceeds till the big A. At that time, they made a lot of money on sales of literature. Since the literature is now free, that is when they started guilting people into giving money. Either way, they were after money. Charlatans, they belong in prison.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yet, no one seems to remember what was said about 1975. I heard one newly baptized JW comment during the WT Study that his Bible Study instructor told him the claims about 1975 were just Apostate Falsehoods. That WT Conductor (old enough to know the real story) just let the comment stand without any correction.

You tell the lie. I'll swear to it.

The sad fact is you have to be over 60yo to even remember any of the RahRah leading up to 1975. Those who do have either left, or they have decided they have no other place to go since they have so much "invested" in JWism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit