Police drown cat

by asortafairytale 13 Replies latest jw friends

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Last week, two police officers threw a cat into the river to drown it, after owner alleged it had attacked her and no longer wanted it.

Personally, I find it disgusting and completely inhumane. What does everyone else think?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

That type of cruelty to animals is something the police arrest people for where I come from.

Gretchen

• JH
    JH

I have a cat and love all cats. People who hurt animals are evil and sick.

• luna
    luna

Any intelligent PERSON, much less a Police Officer, would've taken the cat to the Animal Shelter, at least. You don't just drown an animal because you don't know what to do with it.

If anyone watches Animal Planet, there's a show about ASPCA police officers in NY that actually throw people in jail for doing similar things.

• freelife
    freelife

This goes to show that even those sworn to uphold the law can think they are above it. If a civilian would do that to a cat and the police would see it they would be prosicuted. I am a animal lover and this angers me very much. Even if this animal was a "danger" to people it should not be tortured by throwing it in a river. There are a lot more humaine ways to euthinize an animal.

Freelife

• Satanus
    Satanus

I love mice. They are very smart and incredibly tough. They are also cute. People who kill them should be put in jail. Bwaahaha. Ok, i'll be serious.

Then there are rats. A couple of yrs ago, i saw two pink ones down by the river. They must have been dumped by somebody. The poor little bastards were starving. One came right up to me and started scratching at my pant leg, so i fed it some bread. It ate it right out of my hand for a while, then took off w it. I was thinking of rescuing them, because winter was coming. But i already have a cat, and what would she think?

SS

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

This whole incident is infuriating. My girlfriend's sister called peta immediately, and they have been investigating and urging that charges to be pressed on the officers.

The cat should have been taken to vet, or the humane society, and been examined. It was subdued and harmless in a pet carrier, and was no immediate danger to anyone. I'm utterly disgusted that these police have yet to be prosecuted for their actions.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Catastrophic!

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

In my opinion, when a domestic animal kept as a pet is found to be dangerous because it causes injury to a human, the pet should be put to sleep. i cant say that Itootally agree that the officer's cat killeing was not proper,

• dh
    dh

drowning is a bit harsh, but imagine they shot it in the owners living room, think of all the law suit charges and paper work they saved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit