Poll-----Who Will Be The Next President Of the United States?

by minimus 61 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Wes Clark will be an extraodinary president.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Englishman.....On CSPAN here in the states they show the House of Commons meetings where Tony Blair has to defend one issue or another to his critics, and I like watching that. It makes me wish so much there was a similar system here in the states where Bush would have to go to Congress and defend his policies and it would be televised every now and then. That would be great! I admire you British for requiring the PM to at least think on his feet and not rely on scripted speeches and soundbites.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Since you ask, I think Bush will probably get re-elected. Change is good, but too much change right now could be detrimental rather than positive. Four years, especially after all the things that have occured in his tenure, hasn't given his administration enough time.

So what if he's religious. That doesn't bother me. Most people do have opinions, and he has a right to his own. He will be tempered by the house and senate on issues regarding the human rights of gay people and women. This is just a small part of what he is about.

He saw us through 911, and he has made a statement to the world, thru war, that terrorism will not be tolerated. Taxes are always an issue, no matter who is in office. I have said this before and I will say it again--our government overspends continuously. So, we have to take a look at the budget and cut back or delete some programs that we put into place in prior administrations. Families have to do this for their family to function and individuals have to do this when they see they have too much credit on their charge cards. It is the responsible thing to do.

Trying to keep everyone happy all the time will not work. I'd rather things be cut back a bit, than totally eliminated, especially where the elderly are concerned. Personally, here in Virginia, we continue to be taxed to death; we don't need our federal taxes increasing for sure. This baloon is going to burst one of these days, and there won't be any emergency funds available. We will have spent ourselves dry, with no savings, only mounting debt. This hurts, but it's necessary.

Well, just my 2 cents here.

/<

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I can tell you who I will NOT vote for: Bush

Ditto for me.

I watched "Real Time, with Bill Maher" last night, and he interviewed Ralph Nader, who is considering running again. That just makes me so angry. He will split the votes again, like in 2000. He will announce his decision in about two weeks he said. Grrrrrrr.

I honestly do not know who I will vote for. I hope the Democrats don't nominate Dean. I like Kerry and Clark at this point, and John Edwards too. Not Dean..............NOOOOOO.

I've decided I'm not really a Democrat, but more of an Independent, but I will vote for the one I like, not necessarily by party.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Even if Nader runs, I hope the past four years have demonstrated to liberal voters why in this election it would be a BIG MISTAKE to vote for Nader again. They know what's at stake, right? I mean, a die-hard Nader voter would be more inclined to see Bush as a threat than the rest of the electorate, right? Would they fall the same mistake twice? Here's to hoping they don't.

• dustyb
    dustyb

george dubya will get it i believe. he has no competition when it comes to the democrats this year. dean is strong, but not as strong as bush is.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

George W in a landslide.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I'm supporting Gen. Wes Clark. I honestly believe he's the only one who can beat George W. Bush. W. told us in the State of the Union/My First Campaign Speech that America is still in danger from terrorist threats. As the former commander of NATO, Clark has more experience in foreign relations than anyone else running, including W. Clark also has sound plans for the domestic side of his presidency, you can read about them at www.clark04.com.

I honestly don't believe America can take four more years of W. I say this because under the Bush Administration we have gone from the largest surplus in history to the largest deficit in history, in only three years. Bush has refused to allow the UN to visit the POW camp at Guantanamo Bay. Why? Actions like this erode the reputation of our country. When the US was attaced on 9/11, he did lead us through a very difficult period in our history. However, in the months since then, he has alienated one ally of the US after another. We need the support of more countries than the UK, Australia, Spain and Poland in the Middle East. It truely needs to be a global effort.

I would like to say that I'm very sad that John McCain is not running. I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

CountryGuy

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I would like to say that I'm very sad that John McCain is not running

Isn't McCain a Republican? He couldn't run against an incumbent President, and have a chance of getting the nomination.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Yes, McCain is a republican from Arizona. He ran against W. in the 2000 primaries and I voted for him by absentee ballot. He dropped out of the race before the Texas primary that year.

He couldn't run against an incumbent President, and have a chance of getting the nomination.

Unfotunately, you are correct on this. I'm sure that's why he didn't run. I just hope he does run again in 2008.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit