Were you a JW trophy wife? Not necessarily a serious thread.

by FlyingHighNow 48 Replies latest social relationships

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thanks, King Solomon. You're right about the body language. I did absolutely adore my first husband, but I did not want to get married. It's a long story. The second husband, it was a long distance relationship, mostly. He moved away soon afer we started dating. I realized in the week before we married that I was not in love with him, but everything was paid for and set in motion and there were other more personal reasons why I felt pressured to marry him. I wanted to run away both times. I have been divorced 10 years now. I am not getting married again unless it's the right connection. I learned, when in doubt, run like hell.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh and the picture of me with the little girl? She is my only daughter and my first husband was her father. I absolutely adored her. It's kind of cool that you picked up on the body language.

• caliber
  • moshe
    moshe

Haven't you heard?-

50% of women like sex more than money and 50% of women like money more than sex, but 100% of the women like sex with men who have money!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lol I had a near miss after my divorce. The bro was same age range but such a devout JW, made it clear that he felt strongly about 'lordship' etc. he saw me as such a spiritual sister, wanted the status big time. When things hit the fan for me and judicials arose he ran off like the clappers. A great escape for me! Was thankful to later meet my wonderful atheist 'normal' guy! Happy days.

Loz x

• dalek
    dalek

It's not a comfortable or reassuring feeling , if words like groping or ogling pass though your mind during your wedding day photos ...I would guess

vb
    1. to look at (someone) amorously or lustfully

2. (tr) to stare or gape at

groping...

1. To reach about uncertainly; feel one's way: groped for the telephone.
    2. To search blindly or uncertainly

I'm getting married soon and if there is not both groping AND ogling very apparent from both parties in our wedding photos, the day will have been a failure. Then again, there's usually groping and ogling at all times, so...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

50% of women like sex more than money and 50% of women like money more than sex, but 100% of the women like sex with men who have money!

As in the words of Mrs. Merton to Debbie McGee

"What first, Debbie, attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0

• Fernando
    Fernando

My wife is just as far from perfect as I am.

However I am delighted to report that after more than 20 years of marriage she has turned into a trophy wife - spiritually.

Now I know in detail exactly why God put us together back then.

I thank God for the many miracles he is working in our lives, despite scraping us from the very bottom of the barrel (horrendously dysfunctional parents and home lives, thanks to the Watchtower).

• caliber
    caliber

It is sad that both in marriage and divorce rightly or wrongly we may feel like victims ....feeling forced to marry or forced to divorce beyond our

will and most importantly our heartfelt desire

we must suffer due to outside force that seems beyond our control.... maybe I am wrong but doesn't the word "victim"

seem to apply here ?

victim

: a living being sacrificed to a deity or in the performance of a religious rite
    : one that is acted on and usually adversely affected by a force or agent <the schools are victims of the social system>: as a (1): one that is injured, destroyed, or sacrificed under any of various conditions <a victim of cancer> <a victim of the auto crash> <a murder victim> (2): one that is subjected to oppression, hardship, or mistreatment <a frequent victim of political attacks>
    3. One who is harmed by or made to suffer from an act, circumstance, agency, or condition: victims of war

I feel that a person has a right to feel like a victim... the harm is to continue to be a victim for too long... life goes on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit