Were you a JW trophy wife? Not necessarily a serious thread.

by FlyingHighNow 48 Replies latest social relationships

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Okay, do you think your spouse married you because they loved you or because they thought you were good looking or could get them where they wanted in business and/ or the JW world? I'll try to get back tonight to post more. Have to go now.

Stacy, that brother sounds like one of those dirty old Mormon polygamists who chase after and marry 12 year old girls, you know, the 45 & 68 year olds whose first and second wives are getting older.

Mulan, I'm sure your husband married you because you are a wonderful person AND because you are also attractive.

Heather

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Sal, it's funny but things were much more shallow in the dubs. I noticed some of the ugliest blokes getting pretty little trophy wives so long as they had a job or were the sons of elders.

My dad (an elder) even went so far as to encourage me to come back to the dubs because I would easily pull a good looking wife

This is written by Satan's little helper. Feel free to post your wedding pics. If some of you do, I will, later. I have to go do laundry but will be back tonight.

Share your stories ladies and gents. I can hardly wait.

Heather

Now that you mention it, not too long ago, a family friend told me that I wouldn't have problem finding a wife, and that sisters would marry me even if I had no teeth.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

There are many more pretty women than there are good looking men in the org, IMHO.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I keep telling Her Ladyship that I'm her trophy husband.

For some reason, she keeps bursting into gales of laughter when I mention this.

Englishman.

Awww, that's just funny, witty and cute.

Heather

• wednesday
    wednesday

For as long as i have been around the org. there has always been way more women than men. There are the young couples that marry in their teens, and end up divorced a few years later. If she is pretty, she'll land herself an elder /or money this time. Then of course the 45+ guy whose wife either dies or they divorce, and he marries the 18 yrl old. We had an elder in his 60's marry a pretty women arond 30. The other elders were practically salivating. She was so happy, she got really overweight. (there is a God). I read somewhere that if u are over F/40 and unmarried, u have a greater chance of being struck by lightening than marrying. A friends dgt. age 30, married a 65 yr old guy. the thought of him deflowering her is repulsive. I know a Po dgt now, over 40, still attractive, but unlikely to marry. She is waitng for a really spiritual bro. If u do not branch out of your area, u may never find a mate. The DFW area has had a pretty swinging single group. Lots of parties for the singles. But only for the chosen ones.

We need JT's comments on this thread. I bet if u did a search, u will find he has said something about this.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think in some ways I was a trophy wife. I mean, he didn't love the person I really was. He liked my looks and he wanted me to be a different person than I was, his ideal of what a good wife ought to be. Well, I am me and don't want to be anyone else, so I failed miserably in that dept. I wish him all the love, peace and happiness he can find, just not with me.

Heather

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Just the thread title made me giggle. Me a trophy wife? HAAAR! More of the booby prize!! Of course, if you like boobies, thats not a bad thing.

I was fairly pretty as a 19 year old JW bride, but my dad was inactive and I wasn't a pioneer, so I was not a celebrity in my congregation any more than I am here.

I think my husband married me because he thought in his mid-twenties it was about time he got married. And I'd do.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

bttt

This is a thread I made years ago. Lol.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Yes, before my surgery.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Trophy husbands are popular too. Elders, COs, MS school grads, bethelites....any brother with a title greater than publisher or Ministerial Servant are considered a catch. (who cares if he is a chauvinist asshole)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit