How old were you when you left?

by somebodylovesme 69 Replies latest jw friends

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

In at 15 out at 24. Their is life afterwards!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Raised in the borg. Unbaptised publisher at 11. Had doubts that I brushed off for a few years. Stopped thinking like a dub at 16, out at 17.

• embalmed
    embalmed

Entered at 4, doubts at 12, stopped believing at 13-14, never baptised, will leave at 18.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

-born in

-doubts at 12

-avoided getting baptised because of doubts 13-15

-at 16 I knew I would leave ASAP

-at 18 I was out the door

-LisaBObeesa

(Also as someone above said, for any young lurkers, it was a very difficult road. I had to move out of my house at 18 because I didn't want to be a JW. My parents gave me no choice. If there was any way I could have stayed home a little longer..maybe I could have gone to school...I would have. And I would encourage others to, if they can.)

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

In my case I had t leave the house because I did not want to pioneer! I told my father I would be willing to stay home and go to meetings but that wasn't good enough. What my father never realized is that you cannot make a person pioneer, pioneering is something you must want to do.

And now that my father is retired, guess what? He doesn't pioneer!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Baptized at 16.

DF'd at 39.

Last visit to the Kingdom Hall at age 40.

Better late than never.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Born in........baptized at 14......nine months later df'd at 15.......never to go back.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

raised in it, rebelled from 16 to 20, then came back after I had a kid, and my dad died all within 7 months of each other.

baptised at 21, and by the time I was 27 I HAD ENOUGH!! I never had any real doubts until the last 6 months I was there.

• scotsman
    scotsman

Fourth generation

baptized at 16

MS at 20

Elder at 29

Left at 30 1/2 having never ever believed any of it.

Been happy, free and practicing my homosexuality (it's hard work but I gotta do it) for 2 years.

• smurfette
    smurfette

Mom baptized at 5.

I can't remember for sure when I was baptized anymore, hey that's a milestone! I think I was 14.

Left at 18, DA-ed shortly after.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit