How old were you when you left?

by somebodylovesme 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Verginia I was way to #&*!% OLD, now most of my life has slipped away. Now what do I have to show for it? I will tell you, nine hundred pounds of books and magazines, and a bunch of snooty so called friends who run like jack rabbits from me in a grocery line.

• Smyler
    Smyler

Doubts at 14, never baptised, now I'm 15 and haven't gone to a meeting since June

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Baptized at 13

Pioneer at 18

Bethel at 22

Disfellowshipped at 27

Out of religion at 37

A very silly life indeed...

• sandy
    sandy

* Born in

*Baptized at 13 or 14

* I became completely inactive at 21

* Tried going back at 23 for 3 months

* Found this site almost a year ago now

All of you have helped open my eyes to so much. I know I had some doubts deep down since I was baptized but all of you forced me to no longer ignore them.

Thanks.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Now i Have to go to the Memorial and the conventions to keep peace and harmony in my home

I have a weekly bible study and listen to the daily text

How can you stand it? That's one hell of a price you're paying for that peace and security.

In at 25.....out about two years later......

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

born to witness parents, baptised at 16, severe doubts around 25-26, stopped going at 27, officially DA'd (I think) at 29.

Takes a long time.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well since I couldnt do my arithmetic & work out 1914 I still cant do my arithmetic YOU tell me I am 76 baptised in 1963- was "ousted in 1987 How Ols was I???I am serious I have Alzeimehers I am sure

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Started studying at 14, baptized at 17, major doubts at 25, married at 26, daughter born at 27...by 30 or so, didn't believe it was the truth anymore, but stayed in to keep my family together. Went inactive at 43, daughter got married when I was 47, (now ex-)wife moved out when I was 48 and divorced me at 49, which is when I decided I was no longer a JW in any sense of the word.

• aunthill
    aunthill

Mouthy,

Near as I can tell, you were 59, maybe 58 depending on when your birthday is.

• aunthill
    aunthill

Oh, BTW, I was 24 when I was baptized, and 48 when I da'd. 25 frustrated, wasted years and torture for my family.

Aunthill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit