WITNESS WORLD IS CLOSING DOWN

by DevonMcBride 59 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

Whatever the reason for their closing, I personally do hope that if WW posters are lurking around here now because of questions stirred up, that they would take a look on www.freeminds.org.

To lurkers I would say: There is a lot of documentation available there over some serious questions, and it must be truly considered. Prov. 18:17 says, "The first to present his case seems right until another comes forward and questions him." In other words, double-checking and cross-examining is proscribed in the Bible.

If you WW lurkers find that there has been anything fabricated or dishonestly represented, please be courageous enough to let us know where/why you think so. And if you begin to fear that you were on the victim end of a false prophet, by all means, ask your questions. Whatever you do, strive to be sure, for your sake as well as ours.

Anyway-- jump in the pool, the water's fine.

bebu

• shamus
    shamus

I was just going to say again (for emphasis), "Boy, Sure don;t sound like a cult to me, paw!"

I mean, give me a break... we can read they're "Private" thoughts on the internet about they're faith, but we have no right to view it, because we are "Apostate", LOL! If we were a new bible study, we would be welcomed. I am not DF'd oficially, so I should be able to join, right?

What's going to happen? Is the whole place going to blow up? Like any of these guys ever posted, LOL! Maybe a few times...

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Sassy... I agree with you. Even when witnesses.net closed, it wasn't because Obed had gone 'apostate'... that had happened years earlier. It was because Obed had gotten tired of the site.

• jwsons
    jwsons

Witness World Sisters and Brothers, You are welcomed here.

jwsons

• alias
    alias
    Not when thousands are still hurting from their child abuse coverups, & thousands continue to die due to their policy on blood.

Sorry Avishai, but Witness World and its subscribers hardly have anything to do with creating or enforcing policies in the congregations. In fact, it's comprised of mostly women, who need a creative outlet and something to do to feel a sense of accomplishment in themselves (they can't do anything like that in the congregation).

It's an online venue for like-minded people to connect with others in a mostly fluff-way. And btw, several of "them" have joined this site in recent months. They really are nice people trying to make the best of life. Just like you and me.

Just because you don't agree with where they're at (or need to be) at this point in their lives, why take it out on individuals who could some day come to new conclusions and find themselves here?

Peace to you,

alias

• Jonadab
    Jonadab

I'm sorry to see WW close down. The fact that Dr. Watson and someonelovesme joined and were discovered to have come from this site wasn't the reason for the shutdown. It may have been a contributing factor in addition to what the administrative team already said. Don't give yourselves too much credit. None of the WW staff went over to the dark side and it wasn't shut down by anyones elders either.

Running a JW discussion board or helping to run it as admins/mods can eat up a lot of your time and emotional energy. Ask dang or Kats. They have been there. It ain't easy and some discover after a short length of time that the work behind the scenes, keeping things running, smoothing over ruffled feathers and trying to keep things acceptable to all, is a very trying task. It isn't for everyone. Like was mentioned, even Obed tired of it all.

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Jonadab,

I didn't mean to imply that any of the staff went over the dark side - never thought that for a moment. I take neither "credit" nor "blame" - my comment about credit was more of a joke than anything. Such a massive shutdown is rarely the result of one incident, but rather a series of issues - I don't think any of us can say we know why they are shutting down for sure, but I see no harm in conjecturing.

Just my two cents.

SLM

• Jonadab
    Jonadab

2 cents accepted. :)

• Simon
    Simon

If you are or have ever been a site owner, administrator or moderator I think it gives you a different perspective on the effort, time, energy and expense that running a site can consume.

I don't appreciate it when people play childish games and I'm sure they don't either and neither do I think that being a JW makes you a legitimate target for harrassment. Hey, I know ... I was one once. Most of us were ... remember ?!

• VM44
    VM44

witnessworld.com
    has been registered by :

Registrant:
    C[xxxxx] T[xxxxx]
    Portland, Oregon 97232
    United States

Domain Name: WITNESSWORLD.COM
    Created on: 04-Aug-03
    Expires on: 04-Aug-04
    Last Updated on: 09-Oct-03