"Just have faith in Jehovah..."

by evilApostate 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EVIL APOSTATE:

I gave up trying to tell JWs (who are content) that all is not right in their religion. I only wanted them to know why I don't go anymore.

Many JWs cling to the religion because their whole life revolves around it and they know nothing else. They will justify staying there no matter how many scandals there are. Besides, if they are old, they cannot start over. It's really too late (some might disagree). It's almost too cruel UNLESS you can give them an identical community that can provide them with everything the JW religion supposedly provides them with. You can't. So, let them stay there.

So, I don't bother and don't feel the need to expose the JW religion unless I am honestly and directly asked by some "friend" who I suspect has doubts about it all. And I will warn them first that they will not like what I have to say. If they say "tell me" then I will.

Generally speaking, Witnesses do not care and are not interested in hearing anything that will upset their fantasy. You will only be accused of trying to "rob" them of their faith, which I have no interest in doing.

I am just glad that I'M out and have no family there.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Something I would like to say to such chumps is : " Just because you are not prepared to face up to the mountain of evidence that your religion is not the truth, that is not an argument against the mountain of evidence".

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

JW's have a little brown book of 'canned responses' and even "practice sessions", (so to speak), on how to refute anything negative about the wtbts. The book is "Reasoning from the Scriptures" (lol). Having a "canned reply" makes them feel like they have done something so truly wonderful. They have defended the troof! How do I know?

eye use 2 b a dub 4 50 plus years!

just saying!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Funny thing is that think it is US that are blinded and cannot see the obvious truth of their Beliefs

🤔

• schnell
    schnell

@eyeuse2badub They actually don't use the Reasoning book anymore, and I'm fairly certain it's out of print. Because reasons.

@BluesBrother the "veil over their eyes" right? It still amazes me that a seemingly intelligent person will say "The world has a veil over their eyes". It's like they're projecting.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Anyone who tries to lift the veil is evil and of the Great Apostate,

This is brainwashing at its best,

Who would make up this stuff,

Almost daily mental conditioning

No information let it that might counter the effect

Am being overly dramatic?

I can't say ONE SENTENCE to my daughter on the subject of religion!

• tepidpoultry
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

How can a person have faith in "Jehovah" when their very definition and explanation of "him" comes from an interpretation of the bible from men who admit they are not inspired, controlled or directed by "Him" and can get things wrong?

It is circular reasoning to trust in "Jehovah" when the very reason you are being told that is you do not trust the men who explain just who, what, why, where "Jehovah" is to you.

Mental.

• baker
    baker

"I would rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question"

• tepidpoultry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit