Mobile Hotspot - JWFACTS.COM - Assembly & Conventions

by thedepressedsoul 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tech49
    Tech49

Someone DID offer this idea up a year or 2 ago, sorry, dont know for sure who it was. I was intrigued, so I tried it, and it works. You just go on your phone, rename your hotspot to JWFACTS.COM, and turn it on. It will then broadcast itself, and anyone with a tablet, ipad, etc with wireless capabilities will see it as an available hotspot. They wont be able to log on to it though, as they dont know your password (usually your phone number).

The obvious intention is to get anyone and everyone within wireless distance at an assembly hall or kingdom hall to notice the name..... JWFACTS.COM, or other very brief message, and to get them thinking.

Its harmless, yet effective.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    JW facts is good. Any other good ideas? Needs to be short and sweet. Perhaps "Google Cantice Conti". Not sure if u can use spaces though.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Smart and kinky.... You had me at kinky ;)
  • hoser
    hoser
    Can you do this on an iphone4?
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Your Evil....we need more like you.
  • bradford
    bradford

Is it possible to name the connection the title of the convention?

Then, have them redirected to terms and conditions where they have to read a few things..click accept, then get redirected to jwfacts.com, oh mannnn, I should go park at the local hall and try it out..

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I take a T-Mobile hotspot to ca & da, and JwFacts is what I always name it. I set it to open, once, and it had 9 others on it most of the dad!

I named it ApostatesAreHere, once. And I could see people looking around, even a couple elder types were really looking around! They may not have been looking for my hotspot, but I think they were!

Dwain

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Intrigued.

Marking.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    Hilarious, I've been putting off posting about this idea for a while now. I almost did this at my last assembly two weeks ago.
  • Viviane
    Viviane

If you set your network to open, you should check to see what the devices are that are connected to it, force people to use an email address and their name to use. Absolutely nothing would be preventing them from not using their real email address and name, but still. And make the default home page they get once they put in an email address jwfacts.

That way you're not hijacking DNS, you're simply setting a default homepage for people who choose to use your service when they click "I agree", kind of how like Marriott always takes you to their homepage first when you use the hotel Wifi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit