Mobile Hotspot - JWFACTS.COM - Assembly & Conventions

by thedepressedsoul 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

I love the idea of just having a Wi-Fi signal labelled with a specific phrase or website as a quiet protest which unlike the apostates with signs out front will allow witnesses to research things without anyone knowing.

Not that signs and protests are in themselves bad.

I love the fact that this is already going on.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Would it be possible to have a strong enough signal that you could sit in a car in the lot or on the street?

That way anyone could do it at any assembly or convention and not have to actually attend.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    @Viviane

No, but I will.

I ssh from a burner phone that I flashed with CyanogenMod. That way I can dump both the Box and the burner phone easily. Throw them in the trash and walk away.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I think the idea of local web server via piratebox (or similar) is great but I do wonder how many people would have the cojones to sit in the sessions reading apostate material.

With the acceptance of the use of Tablets to follow along with the meetings, it's very easy to read apostate literature during the session. This last convention, my wife was reading Crisis of Conscience while I was reading Stephen King's Firestarter.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Would it be possible to have a strong enough signal that you could sit in a car in the lot or on the street?
    That way anyone could do it at any assembly or convention and not have to actually attend.

Not really. WiFi signals have pretty steep drop off in range,particularly if anything is blocking them like walls. You can achieve pretty high range through directional antennas, but you need one on the other end as well. I live in an older historic house with plaster walls, I have to use a NightHawk R7000 router rated for 8000 square feet just to cover my 2600 square foot house and get consistent signal throughout.

• Simon
    Simon
    That way I can dump both the Box and the burner phone easily. Throw them in the trash and walk away.

Why on earth would you do that? They are not the Stasi ... you won't be thrown into a van and disappear.

The worse that could happen is you'll be asked to leave.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

This last convention, my wife was reading Crisis of Conscience while I was reading Stephen King's Firestarter.

ha ha ha--love it,, next time just take in 2 life size blown up dolls---fasten them to 2 seats--then go out and enjoy yourselves.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Simon, You are right. My paranoia sometimes gets the better of me. I guess it is the fear of getting caught and my wife freaking out on me. I want to leave on my terms - with her in tow. Not unceremoniously kicked out, then her divorcing me because I'm DF'd.
  • Stealth
    Stealth

You may be underestimating the open mindedness of young witnesses. There are many young witnesses who have double lives and actually hate being a witness. I could see some not having a problem reading this stuff except for the chance of getting caught by the parental unit.

You could be giving them the leg up to leave sooner than they may otherwise would have anyway.

• macys
    macys

I do not think I will ever step foot into another kingdumb hall ever again but this is still a very promising idea if anyone here is willing to try it. Just to disrupt a meeting is worth it IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit