Witness World Response to Apostates

by DevonMcBride 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

me thinks you protest too much Max..

• SYN
    SYN

Well, I for one will be interesting to see what Jonadab's reply is to BigTex's post.

However, I suspect that there will be no reply. Time will tell!

[SYN],
    Sleepless in Seattle Class

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I suspect that there will be no reply

You are correct. The silence is defeaning.

But what do I know? I'm just an evil apostate who is hated by God.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Here are some posts from the members of WW about being invaded by the pozates....

Savita Posted: Jan 17 2004, 12:37 AM

I received two e-mails from this endver person about the discussion over the UN and the WT, playing it real cool and no doubt setting me up for something. The other one brucejw was a give away in his approach.
    While I realize that individuals enjoy giving and receiving encouragement with personal problems, it should always be remembered that there are different degrees of spirituality and these apostates are looking to plant doubts in the minds of anyone they can. A discussion of the WT Society and elders in a negative sense should never be tolerated. Thanks for being on top of things.

Tsunami Posted: Jan 17 2004, 01:14 AM

Okiedokie noted.

jpfolks Posted: Jan 17 2004, 01:39 AM

Apostasy

Definition: Apostasy is abandoning or deserting the worship and service of God, actually a rebellion against Jehovah God. Some apostates profess to know and serve God but reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible but reject Jehovah's organization.

Not only do they abandon the true faith but they then "beat" their former associates, using public criticism and other methods to hinder their work; the efforts of such apostates are devoted to tearing down, not building up. (Matt. 24:45-51, 2 Tim. 2:16-18)

Would faithful Christians welcome apostates into their presence, either personally or by reading their literature?

2 John 9, 10: "Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. . . . If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him."

Rom. 16:17, 18: "I exhort you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them. . . . By smooth talk and complimentary speech they seduce the hearts of guileless ones."

Just a little clarification in our terms. The above is from the Reasoning book. Not all who oppose Jehovah's people are apostates. To be an apostate one would have had to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses first. Not all who post at the sites refered to have been in the truth. Some are married to former or present Witnesses or have relatives who are in the truth. Some have no Witness conection at all. They just hate Witnesses and will do anything to make trouble for us. Whatever the case, the bile that they spew is the same.

We have had some nasty ones to deal with over the years. Some were responsible for hacking our sites. Some who were former members of our sites have now gone over to the other side. Most of them could care less about us, but there are still those who like to lurk and then cut-and-paste our threads for their own amusement and discussion. They do the same thing with Society literature. That isn't the worry. What is of concern is keeping them from becoming members. The best way to prevent that is by referals from known members. A good cleaning out of non-participating members is also good every so often.

--------------------

shelby Posted: Jan 17 2004, 01:46 AM

were we hacked, or did these members have referrals?

PamelaDO Posted: Jan 17 2004, 03:17 AM

I'll answer this and then maybe an Admin can clarify -

1st of all, if you'll notice, new membership has been suspended for now. I'm not sure if the new policy has been completely decided, so I won't say anything about that.

Also, the membership list was cleaned up. I don't know if everyone remembers, but when we joined we were told that if we weren't regular posters our membership would be deleted. So, that was taken care of, too.

Once everything is in place with the new policies, etc. I'm sure it will be posted.

--------------------

Pamela

Kaloho Posted: Jan 17 2004, 03:42 AM

Glad you were on top of that! I did reply about the UN thing and had a question in my mind about why this would be brought up at least 2 years after the subject was dealt with, but guess my red flag ability isnt up to par lately that I didnt question their motives to start with.
    So sad that some like that continue to do what they can to cause trouble.
    Guess we have to always keep awake.

Boudicca Posted: Jan 17 2004, 04:02 AM

Bruce_jw also registered at my board. At the moment we are not taking new members, so he was never approved to post. Thanks to you guys, we now know not to approve him.

We also bounced someone going by the name of Damaged Goods. Both email addys were hotmail as I recall.

Chelsea Posted: Jan 17 2004, 04:35 AM

Yes, today was a VERY bizarre day! Please be careful brothers and sisters. Satan and his agents are soooo busy!

They actually called themselves apostates, so we're not looking to slander anyone. Just to protect our memebers.

The referral system is in the works, and we're not taking any new members at this time either. We've deleted members that we found suspicious and are really working hard (at times to the detriment of all other things which has us concerned ) to keep WW safe for everyone.

Please be careful!

Jazzy Vee Posted: Jan 17 2004, 05:17 AM

Good catch guys!

scribe Posted: Jan 17 2004, 05:34 AM

owned? are you saying someone did hack the board?

shelby Posted: Jan 17 2004, 06:13 AM

kaloho, fact is that sometimes stuff like that does come up, with ppl getting the impression it's a recent thing. the ppl who have asked me about it were raised in the truth, and (to my knowledge) are not apostate. i don't question the motives of anyone who asks a loaded question...sometimes they just want to understand... and, sometimes they don't...

those who truly are opposers masquerading as brothers and sisters generally do not take long to show themselves in this type of environment...

Thank you for your vigalance.
    How sad for them to be such a negative influence on others..... What unhappy lives they lead.

--------------------

Pistol Pete at your service!

Jazzy Vee Posted: Jan 17 2004, 04:36 PM

So true, Sister Sallie. So true.

Tsunami Posted: Jan 17 2004, 05:39 PM

QUOTE (shelby @ Jan 17 2004, 06:13 AM)
    those who truly are opposers masquerading as brothers and sisters generally do not take long to show themselves in this type of environment...

It is true. When we first started same thing happened. They tried to Iniltrate our board as well. That is what made us initiate the referal system as well. It does come in handy because when peopel try to get on unreferred they get da boot. It also makes it easier for the Gatekeeper to know who is getting in and who referred them. The person says they didnt refer them and boom out they go. I do remember the second name from my time on the AOL boards. These people need something else to do with their lives then bother us.

Kaloho Posted: Jan 17 2004, 06:58 PM

I do know they show themselves quickly on the boards, but guess I was questioning myself that my red flags didnt come up. Usually I pick up on it more quickly too.
    Well guess thats what happens when your brain is clouded in chemicals. LOL.
    I have brain fog about half the time anymore.

I still say good job at deleting them quickly!!

Chelsea Posted: Jan 17 2004, 10:01 PM

QUOTE (scribe @ Jan 16 2004, 11:34 PM)
    owned? are you saying someone did hack the board?

Owned means that we caught them. And no, no one hacked the board.

scribe Posted: Jan 17 2004, 11:16 PM

Ohhh okay. I get it now. Wasn't quite sure without it being in some kinda context.

MORMIND Posted: Jan 18 2004, 01:48 AM

OK, I'm lost.
    Was there a thread started talking about the UN and the Watchtower Society that was erased?(I hope you guys don't think I'm weird, but I'm in the dark about that subject, I think anyway) Or were they sending people PMs asking them for their input on it to confuse people? Sometimes I am out of the loop, or maybe I'm just loopy

wisperia Posted: Jan 18 2004, 02:03 AM

I want to thank you for the work behind the scenes that it takes to keep the board clean. I would never want to take for granted the type of effort it takes the moderators and administrators of any legit JW board to keep it free from taint.

Reminds me of reading throught the Witnet archives and how often Gert (Silverfox) was "out with his bucket and brush" cleaning up the threads from invaders.

I would feel badly if you thought it was thankless task, being as most of us could profess to know little as to what is involved in verifying opposers.

So thank you, all of you administrators and moderators - for keeping us safe.

judith

girlgeek Posted: Jan 18 2004, 02:27 PM

Yes, thank you very much.

The thinking of infiltrators is so twisted. I mean, I can't imagine myself going undercover on a Mormon board or something and tryin' to rattle them. I'd be happy to speak w/individuals about the Bibile, but sneaking in on what are essentially social gatherings--no.
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    A discussion of the WT Society and elders in a negative sense should never be tolerated.

I think that about sums up the JW mindset.

• avishai
    avishai
    How sad for them to be such a negative influence on others..... What unhappy lives they lead

Yeah, no shit! Especially the ones who still wake up screaming due to physical & sexual abuse they could have prevented by following the law!

Unhappy lives, sleeping in on a saturday. Being able to watch all my shows & the occasional kings basketball game that comes on on a Tue., Thurs., or Sat. Just terrible.

Seeing the look on some JW drone's face when I go up & stand right next to them when they are in the streetwork and handing out Silentlambs pamphlets. Gee, I can't wait to go back to meetings.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    Some who were former members of our sites have now gone over to the other side.

LOL, yes! We are on the dark side of the force Luke.

Satan and his agents are soooo busy!

LOL!

Please be careful!
    Oh the dangers of free thinking!
  • Gordy
    Gordy

I was a member of "Witness World" from end of last November. Kept slipping in those little awkward questions, asked in all innocence of course. Like why was the "generation" teaching changed. Why are "we" now allowing so many blood components to be used. Why in a certain congregation didn't they disfellowship a brother, a MS, when exposed as a child molester. Over which an Elder who was a friend of mine resigned because they didn't.

It used to quite funny seeing the panic such questions caused.

• alias
    alias

I think they have more problems with their fellow "brothers" than with sly foxes slipping in. "Righteous over much" individuals really are exasperating, and skillfully twist the scriptures to support their own agendas. Sometimes the internal conflict just isn't worth it.

I've been there, I know.

alias

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Bruce_jw also registered at my board.

drwtsn32!! You're everywhere!

Yes, today was a VERY bizarre day! Please be careful brothers and sisters. Satan and his agents are soooo busy!

Yeah, so is Bruce_jw! ROTFLMFAO!!!! Careful you don't buy that teddy bear from that garage sale. Satan's busy. In fact, don't buy anything since it could have been sitting in a demon-filled warehouse! Don't even breathe brothers & sisters, demons are in the air!!

To be an apostate one would have had to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses first.

I never understood this one. Where does it say that in the bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit